Do you ever get so sick of what you are wearing?

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have WAY more clothes than I actually wear, and a lot of it doesn't fit (I have clothes in like, 12 different sizes) or is uncomfortable (to me - I tend to buy HUGE clothes because I have issues with clothes that *touch* me)... I need to get rid of the unused/unliked stuff - I'm like SwampWitch, I don't have room for stuff I don't like!

As for what I actually wear, I'm a sweatpants & tee-shirt kinda girl. "Dressed up" to me is sweatpants that actually fit.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I put on a cute flowy black skirt and a white blouse this morning and thought I looked fine. Well I get to the bathroom at work and there is so much cat hair!!
That and I look really wide in the outfit. Gotta hit the gym!!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

you know....they have entire "colonies" and beaches devoted to the anti-clothing movement
Good grief...we even have nudist colonies here in New Hampshire!

As far as getting tired of my wardrobe, I am in the happy position of losing weight (18 lbs so far, but a very long way to go), so, I actually have been pulling "old clothes" out of storage - and since I haven't worn them since I have been at this job (boy, I have been overweight for a few years!) I am going to be able to wear a "new" old set of clothes for at least asummer and a winter! Yay!
Thank goodness I tend to by classic outfits!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, I have those times as well. DH doesn't get it, since he keeps shirts for years. He just doesn't seem to understand the quickly-changing trends in women's clothing.

But, my biggest issue right now is that I love two pairs of slacks that I have, both the exact same just one is grey, the other black. I can't wear them anymore, because I've lost enough weight that they just look horrible! I really should find someone to tailor them (assuming it won't cost more than the pants actually cost). :/

But, I did splurge on some cute blouses for work. Now I'm annoyed with my "casual" clothing selection. heehee

I have nice stuff that can be made casual, but they're my work clothes. I certainly don't want to wear work clothes ALL the time. *shrug*

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I do hate it sometimes, more because i cant find what i actually want to wear. I wear dark comfy clothes, but i cant find the goth black boots that will fit my clodhopper feet and a flowing goth dress or bustier. Too expensive for what i feel i should be wearing dagnabbit
have you tried Torrid for your gothic boots? I have big feet and they go up to a size 10 Torrid is the plus size version of Hot Topic

I've noticed that plus sizes aren't always designed for big women. they're just regular clothes made bigger. does that make sense?

I have a hard time finding modest clothes, the necklines are just way too low for me.

And it seems that pink is the in color and I look awful in pink, besides I don't like it.