Do you ever get angry at your cat?

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love both of my cats to pieces, but one of them drives me crazy sometimes! He has had a "hobby" of purposely knocking things over and off shelves, dressers, etc.,since he was a kitten. It's like he is fascinated by things falling to the ground. He has broken many things--nothing really of value though. This morning, however, he really irked me when he knocked my very favorite mug off the counter and shattered it. I yelled at him, which I felt a little guilty about, but it did not seem to phase him. Because it was his name that I screamed, I guess he thought I was calling him over to congratulate him on a job well done. He came running over to me and rubbed against my legs purring. All the while I was thinking "What a little (insert curse word here)." I did not give him any treats today. Maybe that will show him--probably not. He is stuffing his face with food right now.

Does anyone else have an annoying kitty that drives you nuts sometimes?

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you kidding?! Toby must think his first name is Damit! Not a day goes by that I don't yet at him about something. 

He's 10 years old but still very hyper. Honestly I've thought for a long that there is something wrong with him. He is just *soo* hyper. Coco is a Bengal and is very high energy as Bengals tend to be but she burns her energy differently than Toby. She runs around and has fun playing with things. Toby mostly enjoys pestering the other cats. He can be so obnoxious.

Oh well, what can we do. 

Last edited:

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do. He goes out of his way to run the whole length of the house just so he can puke under my bed, where it's extremely hard to get to and clean up. I don't get why he can't just puke in the living room or somewhere else where it's easy to clean. No, he has to run all the way, holding all that stuff up in his throat, get under my bed, then puke.

I always end up chasing him around the place -- it's not that I want to chase him, I just need to get ahead of him to shut my room door so he has to puke somewhere in the open. But of course he thinks I'm mad at him (I am) and he hides from me for the next few minutes.

Then he comes back and out and tries to buddy up to me.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
People laugh at me when I complain about Loki being a butthead.  They say, "well, waddya expect with that name?".

Thing is, he earned that name fair and square... he's been a butthead since day one... literally outta the womb... and he hasn't changed in 11 years.

Still a butthead.

Still a momma's boy.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they're little buttheads and they do the dumbest things, one of them is always underfoot and is getting kicked whenever I walk without looking down the entire time. Sometimes they eat dumb things and yarf them back up when we turn our backs (because they know they'll get hissed at if they do it in front of us). But what are you gonna do? They're cats being cats.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, all the time. I'm sure they know exactly what to do at exactly the most inconvenient time. I find myself yelling "For the love of God will you all just STOP THAT!" every day. They do the most annoying things but they make me laugh so much with their antics and sweet little ways that I wouldn't give them up for the world.

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Sometimes they eat dumb things and yarf them back up when we turn our backs 
LOL! Once I saw a whitish stuff mixed in his barf and that got me alarmed, but it turned out to be part of a receipt that he tore up and played with. What is this I don't even.

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Squeek's nickname is PITA. Pain In The Ass. I've never had a perfectly healthy animal be such an incredibly picky eater in the whole of my life. That cat's going to give me ulcers one day!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love both of my cats to pieces, but one of them drives me crazy sometimes! He has had a "hobby" of purposely knocking things over and off shelves, dressers, etc.,since he was a kitten. It's like he is fascinated by things falling to the ground.
I had a cat that did stuff like that.  It was a sign of deep boredom. Some cats require a lot more interactive playtime than others.  Once I started to engage her more for longer periods and more often, she stopped knocking stuff off shelves and tables.

So far as getting angry with my cats. I do get frustrated sometimes, but never angry.  My oldest is 16 1/2 and very needy and always wants to cuddle. Plus she has to have me in her sight otherwise she cries/screams for me. Even if she is on the couch and I'm at the computer, or I'm on the couch and she's on the chair sleeping, as soon as she opens her eyes she starts screaming for me until she sees or hears me.

My youngest is always on my computer desk. I have a nice soft towel on one side of my desk, but her favourite spot is right in front of my computer screen on top of my graphic tablet. No matter how many times I pick her up and put her down onto the floor or move her to the towel, she goes right back to the front of my computer screen.  Very frustrating.