Do you ever answer the door...

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In your pijamas???

The postlady came today to deliver one of the shoes i bought on ebay, since she is female i just left my boxershorts on (my legs are so hairy at the moment) and just chucked on a jumper.
She seems pretty outgoing but now i feel so stupid that i answered the door like that because thats the second time!

Have you ever done this? Do you actually care if anyone sees your hairy legs?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do but i normally have my bathrobe on as well.

The worst experience i had was a couple of years ago when i was on holiday. Susie(kittylover4ever) sent me a birthday package. I dashed downstairs when the postie knocked and my hair was all over the place, no makeup on, puffy eyed from just getting up and there was this hunky postman standing on my doorstep!

Susie had wrote " Happy Birthday " all over the box and as he walked up the street he shouted " HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! "

This was just after 8.30.a.m

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depending on how skimpy my PJs are, I might throw on a cardi!

Usually though, I really don't care! I'm always out hanging my washing on the line in my hotpants and skimpy west pyjamas!

Oh and who cares if I have hairy legs?!
I have better things to do with my time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im glad to see us british girls are similar!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I answer the door in whatever I happen to be wearing at the moment. I sit around the house in a sleep shirt and shorts or sweats, so I don't care.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I get home I am in pajamas. Whoever knocks or rings knows what to expect by now. Most people don't come buy our house as we are so far in the woods. Maybe the mailman or UPS driver but that is it.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually whatever I'm wearing... which, since I pretty much work from home (although I also want some outside work as well), is floppy PJ bottoms and a t-shirt or tanktop... sometimes a sweatshirt over that... depennds on how cold I feel. I'm also in a mid-rise building, so I'm always walking around in these clothes... I could care less what people think. I won't go outside in them...

Now, I'll soon be moving to a more suburban style apartment complex out in Portland... I know my mailbox won't be 'right downstairs' and the trash will be me hauling it to a dumpster, not a garbage chute down the hall... who knows what I'll do there... maybe just make sure I'm more covered up.

Amanda

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Usually whatever I'm wearing... which, since I pretty much work from home (although I also want some outside work as well), is floppy PJ bottoms and a t-shirt or tanktop... sometimes a sweatshirt over that... depennds on how cold I feel. I'm also in a mid-rise building, so I'm always walking around in these clothes... I could care less what people think. I won't go outside in them...

Now, I'll soon be moving to a more suburban style apartment complex out in Portland... I know my mailbox won't be 'right downstairs' and the trash will be me hauling it to a dumpster, not a garbage chute down the hall... who knows what I'll do there... maybe just make sure I'm more covered up.

Amanda
In that case I'd just go out in a bathrobe and my pjs.

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do it all the time! I just love being comfy. As soon as I get home from school, work, etc., if I know I'm not going anywhere else, i put on my pjs. Not too long ago I had ordered Patrick a bday present online, and I had just gotten out of the shower when the FedEx guy knocked. So I answered the door in my bathrobe and my hair up in a towel!
He acted a little surprised and told me sorry he interrupted!
But whatever, if I had taken time to get dressed he would have left!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the time!

The postman always makes some 'witty' comment about how its alright for some not having to get dressed! lol!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

All the time!

The postman always makes some 'witty' comment about how its alright for some not having to get dressed! lol!
They probably get a lot of practice!! I'm lucky that basically no one comes to my door, but if they do I usually refuse to answer it
I'm really shy about what clothes people see me in though.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I would have to be fully dressed and have my face on
not to care what they might think it's just the way I am
When my Daughter had my grandaughter she came to my house in labor so I could take them, and I told her you will just have to bare with me untill I get my face on

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do! I'm like almost everyone else-the first thing that happens when I walk in the door is put my PJ's on! so the pizza man always gets me in my best outfit

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaleetha

They probably get a lot of practice!! I'm lucky that basically no one comes to my door, but if they do I usually refuse to answer it
I'm really shy about what clothes people see me in though.
I've gone down the shops in my pj's before!

and i used to walk a half mile home from my friend's house wrapped in a duvet every saturday!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My question was more like do you answer the door with hairy legs!!

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Umm...no to both.

I dont answer the door in my pj's even tho' they are a rather snazy little number
Cat paw prints all over the bottoms and a rather cute kitty on the top

As for hairy legs, again no. I never wear anything that shows my legs if i haven't shaved

I do feel rather ashamed if my hair has a 'lived in' look as well

Probably why i get a lot of those little cards thro' the door and i have to go collect parcel from the sorting office