Do you eat ice cream year-round?

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you know that eating something cold when you ARE cold actually warms you up?

Yup! When the ice cream enters your mouth and slides down your esophagus it triggers nerve endings that register 'cold'. Your hypothalamus (the area of your brain that governs body temperature) kicks in and your body temperature rises to combat the cold and regulate your temperature. That is why you sweat when you eat hot, spicy foods or are out in the hot sun - it is your body's way of cooling itself.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely!  It's nearly impossible to find the best ice cream in the history of mankind (grape) around our town during the winter, so DH and I make a short trip to the city where it's manufactured to stock up.  Grape sherbet cannot compare to grape ice cream.  
  And there is none in the freezer now!  None!  

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had never heard of grape ice cream.  I remember when I was a kid which was many years ago there was an orange pineapple ice cream that was really good.  It was also ice cream not sherbet.  Seems like I see more sorbet now rather than sherbet.  I prefer the sherbet to sorbet.

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I had never heard of grape ice cream.  I remember when I was a kid which was many years ago there was an orange pineapple ice cream that was really good.  It was also ice cream not sherbet.  Seems like I see more sorbet now rather than sherbet.  I prefer the sherbet to sorbet.
I have, and it leaves something to be desired, in my book. But kudos to anyone who likes it.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I confess to having 2 little individual portion tubs of creamy vanilla ice cream tonight.  
    It was very nice but now there's none left....  

Not warm here today either, in fact it was snowing when I got up and there were several snow showers through the day.  

Last edited: