Do You Drink Enough Water?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fill a 2 quart pitcher with water and keep it in the refrigerator. I drink that plus a couple glasses of decaffeinated iced tea every day. Just a note... your soda, or anything carbonated doesn't count as water, and drinks with caffeine make your body lose water, like a diuretic. So that defeats the purpose of getting enough water.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to drink too much water. I had dry mouth and it felt good to keep it wet.

I started having bad cramps. Legs, chest, back, sides, jaw, feet - I could get a cramp anywhere! I quit drinking carbonated water and that helped. Neither bananas nor kale helped. I started drinking V8 juice - lots of potassium. That helped, but the cramps were still bad sometimes. One day my acupuncturist suggested I might be drinking too much water. I slowed down H2O consumption and now the cramps are almost gone.

I was drinking a gallon+ a day. Now I drink about 35 to 40 oz. (10 decaliters) a day. :spew::thumbsup:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to drink too much water. I had dry mouth and it felt good to keep it wet.

I started having bad cramps. Legs, chest, back, sides, jaw, feet - I could get a cramp anywhere! I quit drinking carbonated water and that helped. Neither bananas nor kale helped. I started drinking V8 juice - lots of potassium. That helped, but the cramps were still bad sometimes. One day my acupuncturist suggested I might be drinking too much water. I slowed down H2O consumption and now the cramps are almost gone.

I was drinking a gallon+ a day. Now I drink about 35 to 40 oz. (10 decaliters) a day. :spew::thumbsup:
This might be a little off topic but I use a homeopathic med for leg and foot cramps. You might be familiar with it, Hyland's Leg Cramps. I asked my doctor about that and the company's Sleep Tablets. He said there's nothing in them that would cause any side affects.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
This might be a little off topic but I use a homeopathic med for leg and foot cramps. You might be familiar with it, Hyland's Leg Cramps. I asked my doctor about that and the company's Sleep Tablets. He said there's nothing in them that would cause any side affects.
If cramps start getting bad again, I'll look into that. The only time it's bad now is when I get into weird positions, which will happen when you sleep with kitties. :catrub:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we are all advised to drink too much water/fluids. I used to drink Crystal Light all day and well into the evening and eventually became incontinent to the point where I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't make it to the bathroom. So I cut back to only drinking when thirsty, and the incontinence has gone away and so have the thick pads I used to wear.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i generally don't drink plain water much, but i do drink sports drink. i have hyponatremia (low blood sodium level), so my doctor has me sticking to between 50 and 70 fluid ounces of liquids per day. i get the most out of the sports drink, both sodium and potassium. but to answer the question -- i do drink enough liquids. i'm very careful to stay within the 50-70 fluid ounces of liquids per day, though my 'liquids' are water with sports drink powder mixed into it.