Do You Dream of Them??

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so grateful for the spiritual bond that we have with our cats. After I lost my precious Rattles over three years ago I began to experience a few odd things. When I would be in bed at night I would often feel her "jump" into bed with me. I would have unusual dreams of her coming back to me and actually talking to me in our human language. I never remember the details, but always woke up feeling wonderful after our visits. Is this possible? Was she trying to comfort me? I finally told her in my dream that she needed to go play, that I would be OK, that I would see her again. The visits stopped soon after. I realized that our love does go far beyond our time here on earth. That there is a happy place for them where they wait for us. There is so much more than this physical world. I want to say Thank you to Rattles for teaching me a lesson I my never have learned any other way

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I don't remember dreaming of any of my deceased cats. I may have. But I sure loved them and wish I would have a dream or two. I think it would be a comfort.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When my soulmate, Max, died, I was heartbroken. I wanted so bad to see him once more. Finally I did. In my dream, he was in my lap, happy, healthy. I was rubbing his black tuxedo coat and he felt like velvet. I cried when I woke up because I didn't want it to end. Was it really a dream. I don't know. I still remember vividly how velvety his fur was.

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I was young, maybe somewhere in the 11-12 range, I had a dream about my cat (Kitty!
) shortly after she died. I don't remember many details from the dream, except we were playing outside in the sunshine. That was the first time I ever realized I was in a dream, but it was still very magical.

Even now, I am tearing up just thinking about it. In a good way.

Dave

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I, too, had a soul mate: Gray Kitty, who was killed in a cat fight 5 years ago. He was a stray we'd brought in, long-haired beauty, but he would not stay inside, except at night.

I've definitely dreamed of him, as if he's still here.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do, from time to time, about my beloved Garfield who died at the Emergency Animal Hospital when I was still in nursing school in 2003.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My precious, Speedboat was in my dream last night. It was only for an instant, but it seemed very real. I was in my house walking. When I turned around he was sitting there watching me. OMG, it shocked me so bad, I woke up. He was beautiful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blueyedgirl5946

My precious, Speedboat was in my dream last night. It was only for an instant, but it seemed very real. I was in my house walking. When I turned around he was sitting there watching me. OMG, it shocked me so bad, I woke up. He was beautiful.
Bueyedgirl I hope you get to see him again. I believe Speedboat wants to bring you comfort in your grieving. He wants you to know that the love you two shared still lives. The next time you hold him it will be forever. I am so sorry. Bella and me

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I never really dreamed of our cats. Since Banshee died, though, I've been dreaming of her quite a bit. Not good dreams either. I keep dreaming that I can hear her meowing throughout the house, but I can't find her.

Banshee used to greet me on the landing at the front of the house. When I walked up the steps from the front door to the living room, she would walk along the landing until we met. Then I'd scoop her up in my arms and tell her how much I'd miss her during the day. Well, in a couple of my dreams, I came home from work and she was there on the landing. But when I got up the steps to the living room, she was gone.

I don't know what these dreams mean. As much as I love that girl, I wish I would stop it because I wake up and I'm in tears. A couple of times, DH has awakened me because I'm crying in my sleep.

Maybe it's her way of telling me good-bye. Or trying to help me to obtain closure with her death.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I came back to this thread to post an addition to what I wrote about Speedboat and my dream last night. Today I went out in the yard to sit with Muffin and Mattie. Mattie was always the 3rd wheel and slept alone in a small insulated box. Speedboat and Muffin were buddies and always slept together. I have been putting them in the garage at night in a cage together to keep Speedboat from having to sleep alone in the cold in that big old box. When I was in the yard, I knew Muffin was in his box but I couldn't find Mattie. She was not in her box. I looked again in Muffin's box. There they lay, the two of them. Muffin was sleeping where he always slept and Mattie was laying in the corner where Speedboat always slept. Am I crazy to think that maybe Speedboat came back last night to tell me everything was going to be okay. I don't know if to laugh or cry.

snickerdoodle

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to add ... my friend Theresa, who has sadly lost 4 cats in the last year, told me the other day of a dream she had of one of her cats. In the dream, the cat walked up to her on the bed, set down and began talking to her in human, english langauge. He said, "It's okay. Don't be sad. I'm alright. Everything is okay."
Theresa said she woke up hysterically crying because it made her so sad, but when she told me that I nearly started crying. I hope in the future I would have one of those dreams, because it would comfort me so much

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by blueyedgirl5946

I am coming back to tell something that happened the next day after I saw Speedboat in my dream. Our other two cats, Muffin and Mattie have had a real hard time adjusting. Muffin was Speedboats sidekick and Mattie was just a third wheel. Muffin and Speedboat shared a big insulated house to sleep in and Mattie had to have her own small one. The next day after this dream, I went outside and couldn't find the cats. When I did find them, they were both in the box asleep together for the first time ever. Mattie was laying in the spot where Speedboat always slept. I just thought it was a strange thing to happen on the next day.

thecatlover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've only dreamed of my beloved cat, Dave, once.

It was rather upsetting. In my dream, I was allowed to go back in time and save him from death and the disease he had. I woke up crying, for it was not true.

His death was exactly 6 weeks from today. He was my soulmate, and slept by my side every single night. He had kidney disease, and lived a year and a half with it, but to me his death was sudden and I could've never been more ready for the abrupt end to his 18 year long life.

Yes, he lived very long. I loved him so much and I am so greatful for all the years we had. We found him in the bushes when he was a month old.

Still, that was my only dream so far, and I'd rather dream of him happy and healthy than me being able to save him which won't ever happen..