Do you donate?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I donate to the Humane Society as well as a number of other charities involved in research such as the Canadian Cancer Association, Diabetes Association, Cerebral Palsy, Heart and Stroke, local United Way and Health Partners, Canadian Red Cross. There are a lot of worthwhile organizations out there that do very good, much needed work!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets see..I donate too, money, time, and food

Petsmart
My local Humane Society
The Red Cross (gets my blood lol)
The Salvation Army
Adopt a Husky Inc.
Basset Buddies Rescue Inc.
Aids Research
&
The Jonathan Larson Fund.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always donate to St. Jude. When my cousin's baby died back in July...we took out a tribute fund with St.Jude in her name...we couldn't think of a better way to memoralize her, while helping other children..so St. Jude it was!
Their organization is wonderful. I also donate to several animal shelters and no kill shelters when I have money...but usually i'm broke...so I just volunteer

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad actually donates a percentage of the income from his business every month to St. Jude's.

We donate to the Food Bank for NYC, the American Cancer Society, and the Humane Society. When my husband & I got married we asked for donations to to either the Food Bank or the Cancer Society in lieu of gifts for us.

I'm in the fundraising field, and I know how difficult it is for nonprofits to find money to function, so in addition to the usual places my husband and I give to, I often donate impulsively to other places that solicit from me (as long as I can verify that they are legitimate, of course).

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I never have any money for myself, let alone others.

So I try to donate THINGS. Well, my time and my blood and plasma specificly about twice a month.

Most clinics will pay a lot of money to get your plasma, I donate it. So does my mother. It takes a long time, but it is worth it when you think about how many lives you are helping.

You would be shocked to learn how low our blood banks are. If everyone donated blood and or Plasma once a month, even once every 6 months. We would be SO much better off.

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
We give to Backstoppers, the Humane Society, and we donate clothes and food and personal hygiene items to the scouts. We don't use it as a tax deduction either. I also donate whenever the firefighters are on the street corners with their boots or when the Shriners are in front of the grocery store.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I donate to the SPCA through my bank. I have thier checks and a certain percentage is given to them everytime I write a check... which I do literally everyday!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give lots of stuff to Goodwill as well as buying stuff (mainly books) from them.
Also the $1 thing at the petstores too or I will pick up an extra bagof food and donate but I don't really care the one local communities animal shelter's policy so I try to give to the other local shelter. Also my neighbor's kid's sports teams.
The local botanical garden which does not receive any public funding. Other odds and ends organizations that my interest me too.