Do you do your own taxes?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TurboTax On the Web: easy, quick and CHEAP! It took me about an hour to do Bill's (he had a lot of deductions for tools) and about 1/2 hour to do mine.

My Federal refund should be in my bank account, in about a week and I'm not sure about that whopping $28, from the state.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Turbo Tax for Federal, and online with the Colorado Revenue website (which is completely FREE!). All we have is my W2 from work, and the state income tax 1099-G. It's way too simple to pay someone to do it for me.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

Turbo Tax!
My dad installed Turbo Tax on my computer the other day for me to use! The first year my dad did the taxes for me, then since then I've been doing them. I'm missing a w2 form though so I still can't do it, which frustrates me as I like doing them early on.

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Tax Cut and have done my own taxes for about the past 8 years. It's super easy and cheap too. I think the software costs about $29.00 and the e-filing is $15.95.

I should be getting my refund any day now.

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My late husband did ours the first year we were married back in 1964. We got audited, and he had made so many mistakes it was unbelievable. Some were in our favor, some in the IRS favor, and it came out about a wash. But we reached the conclusion that after that we would have them done by a CPA. Our taxes became increasingly complex. One year the CPA charged us $1800 to have them done, and even then I found he had made a couple of major errors, so had to take them back to him and have him re-do it. Our taxes have been at times 28 pages long! But last year I decided to do them myself with Turbo Tax and save the money. They were still 16 pages in length, as I have various investments and deductions and my part-time home business, but it saved me about $350.