Do you cry

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauren_miller

I have a hard time not crying when those sad ASPCA commercials come on.
I had to sign up for a monthly donation to the ASPCA because I cried so much at those commercials. I've seen a couple of documentaries about animal rescue post-Katrina and I cried a lot through those. I would say I definitely cry at anything sad, especially involving animals.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought of this thread last night as I watched the first episode of Season Six, Mary Tyler Moore (I own the set of all seasons, but 7, which hasn't come out yet)

It was the one where Lou Grant's ex wife Edie remarries. I cried. Not a lot, but my eyes did well up. I think that's the only MTM episode that has ever made me cry.

I don't watch shelter ads or documentaries. I already cry every day about homeless and abused animals. I don't need any additional incentive.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

Careful farleyv...I remember that!!!

I cry more the older I get. That tough facade I had when I was younger crumbled away. I cry over movies and books that are sad, happy, or inspirational. The Wizard of Oz STILL gets to me!!!!
Yes, it seems the older we get the less control we have. Oh, I mean I "heard" that it is a sad scene between the Ricardos and the Mertzes
lol.

When ever I go to one of the grandkids programs at school or dance recitals, I well up. I begin thinking of how it was when they were born, and now look at them. I cry when I think of how much my mom loved those kids and she will never see how they have grown.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

I thought of this thread last night as I watched the first episode of Season Six, Mary Tyler Moore (I own the set of all seasons, but 7, which hasn't come out yet)

It was the one where Lou Grant's ex wife Edie remarries. I cried. Not a lot, but my eyes did well up. I think that's the only MTM episode that has ever made me cry.
Otto, I got season 7 in the mail today! Boy, did they ever take their time releasing this show on DVD! I an preparing to cry when this show ends in season 7.

My fave episode of all time was the one when Walter Cronkite was on the show. I cried, don't ask me why.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Primula

Otto, I got season 7 in the mail today! Boy, did they ever take their time releasing this show on DVD! I an preparing to cry when this show ends in season 7.

My fave episode of all time was the one when Walter Cronkite was on the show. I cried, don't ask me why.
I was in Amazon this morning and noticed it was available. I don't know why I don't get my notices for things like that (I had it on preorder) so it's coming in with Tolly's cat food.

I love the Walter Cronkite one too. I love when he says to Lou "I'll get you for this" and when Lou comes back from the airport says that Ted did the news in the cab the whole ride to the airport, and the cab kept trying to turn off the raido. talk about LOL!

You know, I never watched TV as a kid or teenager so I missed all this, and when I first got the set and started watching it I was shocked at how "risque" it was for the times (early seventies)

I mentioned that to a friend who is slightly older than I (I just turned 50 on Monday) and she said "oh yes, it was a big controversy back then, and why it was on so late, around 9:30 she thought)

I am excited to get season 7, I am just now half way through 6. (I have them on in the back round in the evening, instead of the TV. I have a rotation, 10 seasons of Friends, all of MTM, one season of Rhoda, two seasons (so far) of That Girl, one season of The Lucy Show and two seasons of Here's Lucy.

I don't watch the Lucy ones so often because they get on my nerves after a couple of episodes.

Oops, I think I went off topic.

To get back on it, I don't think I've ever cried at a Friends Episode but my goodness I laugh every time.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only a few movies can make me cry... One of those is Fluke. Great movie but I always tear up.

I made the mistake of watching the movie Year of the Dog when I had just lost my two dogs recently (lost them both within 3 months) and it had me bawling! I refuse to watch or read Marley and Me because of that...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup. I cry at books I've read before or movies I've seen before and know the ending. I also cry at songs. I can't do tragedy/animal abuse news anymore.

Two songs that always make me cry are Blind Faith "Can't find my way home," and Heart's "Keep Your Love Alive." I don't know why. Can't not cry.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

I love the Walter Cronkite one too. I love when he says to Lou "I'll get you for this" and when Lou comes back from the airport says that Ted did the news in the cab the whole ride to the airport, and the cab kept trying to turn off the raido. talk about LOL!

You know, I never watched TV as a kid or teenager so I missed all this, and when I first got the set and started watching it I was shocked at how "risque" it was for the times (early seventies)
Otto, happy fiftieth last Monday! The Cronkite episode was my fave of the entire show.

When I was a kid in England (I'm 10 years older than you) I thought MTM was so corny and unwatchable. Then I l moved to London and then to NYC and didn't have a TV in either city. Now I'm married and bored to death (
) I started watching MTM a year or so ago. Probably the NY Times piqued my interest in it and, as I said before, this show was released in such dribs and dabs by the network it was very annoying.

Friends I hated and The Lucy Show is okay. A little goes a long way. I think I will start a TV series thread now .......