Do you crochet, knit, sew or embroider?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I started a social group here on TCS for textile arts addicts like myself -

http://www.thecatsite.com/groups/show/161/yarn-it-all

I just posted pictures of some of my projects there and I'd LOVE to see projects by other TCS members. If you adore yarn, threads and fabrics, join our group and post!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do sew and cross stitch. However, I haven't sewen in some years. I used to make all of my own clothing and uniforms for work.  My cross stitch has been dormant for almost 10 years. My eyes changed and I started to have a hard time working with the linen fabric my project is being done on. I'm trying to convince someone at work to finish it for me. It's nearly finished. Just a corner, side scrolly frame work, another corner, and 1/2 of the top scrolly frame border.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in!

I crochet a lot and knit a little. I also quilt and have recently gotten back into sewing costumes for myself. :)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I knit and crochet both, but really prefer the knitting. Also have done embroidery, but not for a long time. I'll have to hunt up some pictures.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I used to do fine embroidery, but it really is a thing of the past now.  But I'd love to see what others are up to.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't done any of it in a while, but I used to do a lot of cross-stitch, knitting, and crocheting.  I will check out your goup - maybe it will inspire me to pick it up again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Glad to see new people in the group - thank you for joining!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am like Misty - have not done my cross stitch or needle point in years but your thread has reminded me how much I enjoyed it. I have SO many unfinished projects it makes me nuts. I have a beautiful three horse needle point pillow I was working on and let it go. I wish I had more time to do it. :lol3: :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I am like Misty - have not done my cross stitch or needle point in years but your thread has reminded me how much I enjoyed it. I have SO many unfinished projects it makes me nuts. I have a beautiful three horse needle point pillow I was working on and let it go. I wish I had more time to do it.
I know what you mean about unfinished projects
I also have a bunch that are finished but I haven't done anything with them yet. That's the trouble with embroidery and cross stitch - other than framing and hanging on the wall, there's not much to do with it.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I attempted to learn how to crochet when I was younger, the only thing I ever managed was a long chain.
I have not tried again now that I am older and actually have a bit more patients.

I have recently been into sewing a bit, or more so I have plenty of projects that I want to do that are sewing. I don't have a sewing machine so I have to have lots of time and patients to do whatever project I am doing. I stick mostly to small projects like making the kitties collars. I have made them a few simple stuffed toys and tiny little beds for Penelope and Delilah.

Last edited: