Do You Craft?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you do any crafts or have any artsy hobbies? What are you working on right now if you do?

I'm a big crocheter and I love to make stuffed toys (called amigurumi) for my niece (and my soon to be born second niece). My niece's 2nd birthday party is in 2 weeks and I realized I hadn't started one part of her gift, so I'm working on that tonight. I already made her a stuffed monkey a few weeks ago. Her birthday party is Bubble Guppies themed, so I'm making her a costume of one of the characters, so it's basically a mermaid tail and a wig. I'll post pictures when I'm done with it.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been crocheting since I was, oh, ten or so? and tatting since I was 12, but damage to my left hand after a broken arm in 2012 has made it very difficult since then. I was working on a crocheted blanket with this yarn: Bernat Baby Blanket Big Ball Yarn (04510) Peachy, which is large and isn't slick (therefore I can control tension properly with my left hand) when I fell and broke my right wrist on February 20, so that's been on hold. I was also working on learning to tat left-handed, since the usual right hand movement is something my left hand can handle, before the broken wrist; this has also been on hold, and will continue to be until the swelling in my fingers finally subsides. I'm about to return to the blanket, however.

Other craft projects that have been on hold recently: temari balls, and drawing Celtic knotwork. I'm thinking about devising a Celtic knotwork cat, however, and should start work on that soon; how well it will go I can't say until I put pencil to paper.

Margret