Do you celebrate your cat's birthdays?

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, that is so cute! My boyfriend is completely indifferent to Mo's birthday (he was picked up as a stray so his actual birth date is a mystery, but his gotcha date also coincidentally falls on my birthday - he got him long before we met) but Kismet's birthday is only a few days before her gotcha day. We have yet to celebrate a birthday with her, but it'll probably involve a homemade treat and some toys just as it has the birds the past 12 years I've been celebrating their birthdays with them.

sandithetortie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little girl turns 1 on Tuesday. I plan on feeding her the best wet blue buffalo food I can find.

She loves wet food, but it's soooo expensive to feed all the time. She normally eats the salmon dry blue buffalo food, expensive but better quality than wet foods that would end up being about the same cost.

I also plan on buying her some kind of new toy. it's not really anything special, but I figure she should get something special.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I celebrate Ritz' gotcha (trapped) date (December 26.) Best. Christmas. Present. Ever. And I celebrate the day I adopted her (January 26).
I give her extra quality food, maybe veal or rabbit (I fed Prey Model Raw). I once gave her shrimp and she ignored it. She only likes one kind of toy but what the heck--I go ahead and buy her something new.
Not that I need a reason to spoil her even more.... :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i celebrate my snick's birthday every year. i buy her toys and many times a "big" gift too (like a cat tree or new cat wall furniture), and i make sure she and i spend a nice quiet day together (because she loves that so much). and there's luvins and scritchins and snugglins for snick from me that day too. i enjoy my snick's birthday much more than my own birthday, though i do give snick a gift on my birthday too -- because making snick happy, makes me the most happy.

donutlove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to but I don't know when my cats b-day is 
 I know she is 6-7 months. For some reason I feel wired if I don't know the day.  

gverdugo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We don't usually know birthdays, though sometimes will take note of "gotcha"! days. One of our kitties, a stubby little tortoiseshell, just had her "gotcha" day. We didn't celebrate, but it was mentioned. 

The kitties in that article are very spoiled! But they are certainly enjoying their birthday treats! 

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know Ruby's birthday.  But I've already told her that her 1 year adoption anniversary is next month.  Now just have to decide how to celebrate! 

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do! Usually it's just some special canned food or extra treats. Here's my newest baby Monster's first birthday cake. It's canned food with two pinkie mice, his favorite treat, on top. Of course we had to make party hats for the pinkie mice.

brendan2282

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Absolutely!  Max and Phoebe share a close birthday to my wife, so May is a busy month in our house.  Here's one particular celebration where we all got into the spirit.  Nicole made a pancake birthday cake (well, for herself, actually) but we all wore party hats, including Max & Phoebe!

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We celebrate Montgomery's birthdays. Each one is a huge milestone for him and we make sure to spoil him rotten. He gets new toys and lots of catnip. For his first birthday, we had some friends over and had a little party. No one thought he would live that long so it was really special.

jadeleaf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll be celebrating Sabbath's adoption day on the 8th of January next year.  He'll be somewhere between 3 and 4 then (as apparently he's somewhere between 2 and 3 now).  He's getting a bag of chicken flavoured Dreamies and a couple of small boiled chicken fillets, but he doesn't know yet, and for God's sake, don't tell him, it'll ruin the surprise and then I'll never hear the end of it.

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rover Grover was born in a dumpster on July 1st - Canada Day. The entire country gets the day off and has parades in his honour, so his previous owners tell me.