Do You Celebrate Your Cat's Birthday?

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cricket and oscar were born april 2/2004 and bonkers was born april ? 2003 so i guess thats close enough so i will give all three of them a birthday party

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course I celebrate the boys birthdays. Gandalf I actually know his actual birthday, it's June 2nd. Samwise on the other hand, I celebrate his showing up date, Oct 12th. They get treats and special food, usually fish for Samwise and chicken for Gandalf and they each get a special toy.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im not sure when any of my babies birthdays are, so I made up one for all.
It's July 1. Anyone want to come to their party?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

d'elle and beau

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

By the way.......

Beau is a BEAUTIFUL cat!!
Absolutely adorable!
O thank you so much for the compliment. Of course, I think that he is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in the world, but I am not exactly unbiased.

To answer your question, CRF stands for Chronic Renal Failure. Basically it means that Beau's kidneys are starting to fail. Although this is not in any way good news, it is still in the very beginning stages, and perhaps can be slowed down with the right diet and medications. I have changed his diet and he is taking fish oil and a Chinese herbal medicine. This morning I am taking him in for a new set of blood tests so that we can see where his levels of various things are now, and that will give us more information on how to proceed. Basically, the situation is that the CRF will kill him eventually unless something else does first. So I am just focusing on trying to keep him happy and healthy for as long as possible.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear D'Elle and Beau,
Thank-you very much for telling me about CRF. I am sad to hear about Beau's condition, however. I hope that he lives a long, healthy, but most of all happy life. I can understand what you are going through, becuase we went through this with my dog in June, but it was heartworms. I know you are saddened and scared it will happen any moment, but just as encouragement, when Beau does leave you, keep in mind that it is better for him to go, and be free of pain, than to keep on living in pain. That's what helped me when my dog went on. Just enjoy as much time as you can with him. I hope that he lives many more happy, healthy years to come! May God bless you and Beau!

Good luck with everything!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

Kittylover,
I love Tiggy's markings and color!
Is Tiggy a male of female?
Thanks for the compliment...Tiggy is my little boy......
He does have beautiful markings.....he has a white mouth with a white neck....

If you think he has beautiful markings, check out some of Robin/Kittykooks pictures of her Leo. Now he is stunning!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat, Billy, is an orange cat, but doesn't have white on him. He's also a little darker. I do love Tiggy's marking. They are so unique!
Take a look at Billy's pics.... if you see, he doesn't have the white, which I think makes Tiggy's whole look!

Picture of Billy Picture of Billy again

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! They all have a birthday party on their birthday, or their birthday weekend. So does my doggie, and as for my rat, she hasn't had a birthday yet, being 6 weeks old.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bijou will be 1 year old on February 4 and I've already purchased his food treat but still have to pick up a toy.

I'm sure our daughter will have us celebrating Mika's birthday too in the summer.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course - complete with toys and a cake. Sometimes I decorate, too.
Kitty Birthday Cake:
1 can Fancy Feast shrimp and crab flavor
1 regular size can catfood - solid variety (your cat's favorite)
3 sardines in olive oil
3-5 cocktail shrimp
18 tartar control treats
3-5 leaves fresh catnip
Open reg size can and invert on crystal serving dish. Open Fancy Feast can and add to top of other can. (Should look like a teared cake). Wrap sardines around reg size catfood. Add treats to bottom of each style catfood. Top with shrimp and garnish with catnip.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella was born in December 3 years ago but I don't know the exact date either. So for 31 days I wish her a Happy Birthday each day.  I give her a special pet toy,a can of cat food (gravy with beef strips) and a very watched lit candle. Sounds crazy but it works for me. then we take Bella in her carrier for a visit to my daughters home for an outing.

dejolane