Do you believe in marriage?

nyzki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my guy and i have been togehter for 14yrs,even though we are not married yet we soon want to be and it has been the best years of our life, i have been with him since i was 27 and he was 47 and it was the best decision we ever made
nyzki

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I totally believe in marriage and my first marriage was miserable most of the time!! But it had enough great moments to make me think that if it was with someone who satisfied you and whom you truly loved and that you really fulfilled each other it would be amazing. It is a really nice feeling to be married, and I believe in the committment. It's not easy and I'm not saying it should be, but it's well worth the work. And I know plenty of happily married couples, and quite a few not-so-happily married ones as well. It just depends on the people, I guess.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are many people who had a religioius ceremony without the legal documents, and vice versa.

In today's society, the definition of marriage is somewhat more blurred than in the previous generations.

amirando

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i definitely believe in marriage. i can probably count on one hand the number of close relatives on both my side and my husband's side who have had a marriage result in divorce. well, maybe it would take two, but just barely. for the most part, both of us have grown up with and seen close relatives have long, happy marriages. not saying that it's always easy and doesn't take work, but if it's with the right person, it's worth it.

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do believe in marrage as well. I have been on both sides of the table, I lived common law as well. Even though I never said anything about it much my parter at the time had stated that he would feel more appropriate married. I am glad I didn't marry that fellow it wouldn't have been a good thing but now that I am married I am glad that I am because I felt the same way. Being married makes me feel more complete. Yes sometimes I feel lonely but that is due to work, shifts and whatever I still would not change my way of life now.

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm happily married. We've been together 5 years and married for nearly two. He's my world and I won't change him for anything. Although I'm happily married I also know a lot of people happily unmarried.. each to their own

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband and I have been together for 29 years, 27 of them married. We have had our ups and downs, but we still love each other and personally speaking I have never met anyone else I'd rather be with.

I don't necessarily think you have to be married to be happy or together "forever", but I do think if you are going to have children that you should marry - don't have any reasons behind that comment, just how I feel.

yangdemei

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I never really believed in marriage (we can all just co-habitate, Yeah?) Until I got married. We were together for over 6 years, and we've been married for over 3. We've lived in 2 continents (and I'm from a 3rd one) and had our share of upa and downs. I feel like being married (not the ceremony, but the idea) reminds us of our commitment to each other and keeps us on track.