Do You All Remember Kitler?

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I posted about him/her quite some time ago when we first found him/her. This was over a year ago, before we got Stanley. We were thinking about keeping him/her but weren't sure if anyone owned him/her. We posted ads all over the place with a picture we had taken, no one claimed him/her and we were planning on bring him/her in and taking him/her to the vet as soon as we could. Unfortunately, he/she never showed up again

Eventually, we adopted Stan, and when he passed away 2 months later we took a break from cats. In February, after months of badgering Mike, we adopted Leiki.

Since we adopted her I have been bugging Mike about eventually adopting another cat. The timing is not right right now - we need a bigger place first and we have to get more financially stable before adding anymore pets to our family.

Anyways, to the point. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting in the living room with Sadie (dog) watching something on tv, Mike was in the bedroom watching something else with Fynn (also dog). I though Leiki was coming up to me for pets so I started petting her, slowing realizing that she didn't feel right - her fur was coarser and not as sleek. I looked down - it was not Leiki. It was some other cat! There was another cat in my apartment, it looked so much like Kitler but I don't think that it was - although it is possible. We would bring him/her inside and feed him/her. He/she would jump up on our window sill to let us know that he/she was hungry, I'd go out and grab him/her and bring him/her inside for a little bit, then put him/her back outside and off he/she'd go. We haven't seen this cat in over a year, is that even possible?

I immediately put him/her back outside and he/she took off again, he/she hasn't been back since.

I did find out where the cat came in from - our air conditioner has a gap of just under 6" above it where it sits in the window. We had a large piece of cardboard taped very well over it, the cat must have head bumped it enough to losen the tape and squeeze it's way in. I fixed the cardboard and taped it even more, so hopefully it won't be able to get in again but incase it does, I have contacted a lady that's on our waiting list for a dachshund puppy that also works with a cat rescue and we made an agreement. If the cat comes back she is willing to take it in and get it fixed up and adopted out and we'll give her her puppy for free. I'm definitely on the losing side (financially, lol) of that deal, but this cat reminds me so much of Kitler that I have to do something if he/she comes back. I'm really hoping the he/she does.

I had to share my weird story from yesterday!

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How odd! My DH actually got a cat that same way...it was Thanksgiving and they had put scraps in their cat's dish. DH was about to fall asleep when he looked over and saw this kitten face planted in the bowl going nuts.

I think you have a great plan for the kitty when it comes back. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed he comes back in.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible the kitty lives in a different neighborhood, either as a pet or as a neighborhood stray, and just visits you from time to time. Or maybe one of your neighbors took him/her in and only just now let him/her out (or he/she escaped). So if someone else is taking responsibility, maybe the kitty is already fixed and vetted.

I'm going to bet that the kitty is a neutered male or a female. . .if he were a full tom, I think you could tell right away, even if you didn't get a very good look!

It's so funny that he/she just walked right into your house! A bold kitty indeed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willowy

It's possible the kitty lives in a different neighborhood, either as a pet or as a neighborhood stray, and just visits you from time to time. Or maybe one of your neighbors took him/her in and only just now let him/her out (or he/she escaped). So if someone else is taking responsibility, maybe the kitty is already fixed and vetted.

I'm going to bet that the kitty is a neutered male or a female. . .if he were a full tom, I think you could tell right away, even if you didn't get a very good look!
If he/she comes back we're going to take a pic and lock him/her in the bathroo, (I honestly didn't look at all, I was just like THIS ISN'T MY CAT! and then freaked out that Mike was going to come out and think that I had brought a cat home, lol). That way we can have a few days to browse Kijiji, call vets, have him/her scanned... if it does have a home, it's not a good one... very dirty and "stray" looking, if you know what I mean?

He/she hasn't come back today yet.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That is weird. I hope he comes back and you can put him in the bathroom. He let you touch him, so he's used to being around people. Hope it all works out.