Do you admit to being a Forum Member ?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tell people all the time about the boards that I belong too, and I refer to them as the cat site, the Spencer board, or the Tiger board.

I have made some wonderful friends, either internet friends, and then there are the internet friends that I have met in person.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Anyone who is important enough to me, knows about TCS and respects it greatly. I have met some wonderful people on here that I consider my friends
Same here Helen, although when the girls go for their yearly shots i always get talking to someone in the waitingroom and mention it to them

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TCS was my first experience with an online forum.
I came here, asking for prayers because my little Sadie was getting her teeth cleaned and I was worried for her.
I was welcomed with open arms, guided patiently though the forum process and have been a proud, shout it to the rafters, member ever since.
That was almost 2 years ago.

When your kitty is sick or lost and you need real emotional support....
you get it here, unconditionally.

I have real friends, who I respect and trust here.
A classy bunch of people gather at TCS.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Remember the days of Penpals and written correspondence? What's so different from a person spending an hour or two visiting forums and sharing info/advice at the computer after dinner, versus someone going to their study at night to write letters to friends and family overseas, etc. In the past writers, artists and intellectuals used to communicate by snail mail, perhaps even when they had never met! Forums really aren't that different.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do consider you guys my friends, and I talk about the things that go on here all the time. Most of my friends know exactly who my "TCS Twin" is. I don't care what they think of it, if they don't like it they don't have to listen!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I 1st became addicted to TCS, I'd talk about it to DH, and his knee jerk reaction was "you talk to ppl online about your personal business?!" (about our fertility problems...) and I was explaining to him how Helen has helped me tremendously....and after explaining that we are so much alike, and that we have gone through the same thing, that no one else understands, that no one else is sensative to the same things, and that no one else really takes the time to "care" he finally gets it. And now when I say "oh this chicken is my friend Helen's recipe" he says "are you gonna get online & tell her I said they're off the hook!?"

I have never belonged to another forum, this is my 1st...but I do believe tcs is an exceptional, tolerant, accepting, forgiving place, with wonderful friendly, and genuinely caring people! I am glad for the friends I have made on here...

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I have never belonged to another forum, this is my 1st...but I do believe tcs is an exceptional, tolerant, accepting, forgiving place, with wonderful friendly, and genuinely caring people! I am glad for the friends I have made on here...