Do you actually like your job?

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hate my job...right now. I have been working at the same place for almost 8 years, waiting tables, and I am tired of dealing with grumpy people! I will graduate next spring, and hopefully will get a job soon being an x-ray tech. I might do CT or MRI. I can't wait! I actually start doing 40/hr week clinicals this week!! YAY!!

No, I don't get paid for clinic. That part sucks a little, but it will be so worth it next year!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I don't mind my job most of the time, its just the team leaders I don't like. They don't care if you get injured (I have carpal tunnel and they keep putting me on tasks that make it worse
)

But I am a student, studying towards a degree in Applied Science and so I need that job while I am studying as it suits the hours I am on. But it does take me away from my son.

I have been keeping my eyes open for another one.
Oh no! Thats awful that they put you on tasks that make it worse!
How horrible of them. I hope you find your dream job soon!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE my job... The big issue for me is about SOME of my co workers. They can be a REAL PAIN in the

One co worker CONSTANTLY complains that I do not communicate enough with her and others no matter what I do.

Second co worker likes to be center of attention and doesn't like the fact that my program is a VITAL part of the department therefore he has to answer to me at some times.

I used to get upset and took it personally whenever they'd complain about me but now I have learned to let their "snide" comments roll off my back and just keep doing MY JOB which I know I do a good job of!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I know, isn't it unreal??? Some of these people's retirement accounts are in the millions! And, I've realized, the worse the foreign accent is the more they seem to get paid. What does that say about our government? And, just so everyone knows, the government will contribute 1% of their base salary into their account, whether the employee is contributing or not. So, now you know where your tax dollars go. So, some employees retire, find out they have $30,000 in an account they didn't know they had.
From working in the government I have found that it really is true that the higher up you are, the less work you do, and the more money you make.
Unfortunately I'm at the bottom.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

From working in the government I have found that it really is true that the higher up you are, the less work you do, and the more money you make.
Unfortunately I'm at the bottom.
Awww, thats unfortunate
And unfortunately the people at the bottom do the most work too, and get paid for nothing!