Do woman still wear slips?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
@AbbysMom     I laughed when I saw the name of the thread! 

A few years ago, I was cleaning out a dresser drawer. I found about 5 half slips!! I could not believe it! 

I never wear dresses. I really do not go out, so I do not have any. I debated about holding on to at least one of them. Then, common sense took over, and I got rid of all of them.

I did notice that slips are very hard to find. 

I used to hate wearing one. It would twist, turn, get bunched up..a pain in the butt!! 

I think you are making the correct decision. Go without a slip. Everyone else does.. It is a very pretty dress.. no-one will notice...

most importantly: Have fun!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I have a couple half-slips and have worn them when my dress was really sheer. Other than that, nope.
Same here. I've got a black one and a white one that are decades old, since I rarely wear dresses or skirts. It's even rarer that they're so sheer that a slip is called for.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A slip will make it hang/lie better, especially if it's a clingy fabric. It'll hide the lines of your underwear too. On the other hand, on a hot day you'll definitely be cooler without a slip. I don't think there is a 'right' or 'wrong' here - go with however you're most comfortable :)
Yes, I agree with this. I always wear a half slip and a stretchy camisole with my best dresses. They do hang better and don't cling then. I do have a couple denim dresses and skirts that I wear without the slip.
Some of my dress and top outfits that have flared skirts are lined and so a slip is not necessary. I always wear panty hose for dressing up.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't worn a dress in decades, so no. However, if I were to suddenly need to wear a dress, I would wear a slip. Pantyhose too. I can't imagine going out somewhere in a dress without either.