do ur cats do this?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They like using a clean toilet just like we do! They're not trying to be obnoxious, promise!

Also they have scent connections with their litter boxes, because it has "their" smell on it; so you are messing with something they've marked as theirs, and naturally they are interested.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swanie does it, but not so much Cynthia.

When Misty lived up the road and used to hang out here, I had a litter box for her - even though she mostly used outside. Anyway, one day she was sleeping on the bed and I decided to change her litter. She saw me dumping the litter in a trash bag, and I hadn't put much new back in when she came flying off the bed and "christened" it right then and there. It was so funny, I really wished I had a video camera.

shazam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Pixie doesn't do that, but Elliott does...I assume he's marking his territory...what's funny is I don't even have time to pour fresh litter in, and he's going at it....usually gets covered in litter too. Or I change the bag, and as I'm bringing it to the garbage, he goes, and lays down in the empty litter box...almost waiting

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my boys do this too! Loki likes to watch, Jacob tries to climb in before it's finished sometimes!

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i currently have 2 girls and one boy, after i cleaned the first litter box, the boy went it in immediately!, before it was even back in its space. after i cleaned the 2nd box, he went it and dug and scooted around in the litter but didnt do anything else in it. neither of the girls bothered with it.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Euterpe

I thought maybe Libby was the only one who did this! I found great amusement in telling my husband what she was doing on a daily basis when I first realised it wasn't a one time thing.

Every time I scoop out her box, she first paws at my hand and the scoop and then without fail goes in there, while i'm in the middle of cleaning, and leaves me a gift! I thought when she did it the first time that I just happened to do it at a time she neede to go, but nope, every time - and she never waits till I'm finished.

Sometimes she can barely squeeze anything out, but she tries and tries until she does something, bless her, lol.
That's just too much!
Sounds like she's a real pleaser!

Mine are also very interested when I'm cleaning, and then go after I clean it (mostly Phoebe does this)-- -- -- so, one time, when the vet wanted a "sample", all I had to do is pretend I was cleaning, and my "sample" became available.

Gloria

compmom42

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both my kitties. Sometimes they stand in line waiting for me to finish scooping. Sometimes they just can't wait and will hop in when I'm half finished. Just hilarious.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill

Sometimes I think the sound of the litter being scooped triggers them
I think that too. When I pull the tray out of the corner and start scooping Jaffa comes and uses it often. He doesn't wait until it's cleaned, he just wants to use it because it's out there.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol pick it up, and set on the counter to clean out(comes from having a busted back) anyway, as soon as i get done she jumps in and sits down

i just said heck with it put the lid back on the box and carry box and kitty back to her spot