Do they 'visit' you in your dreams ?

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am curious how you all interperate dreams about people who have passed...

My mom passed 9.12.01 (most everyone here who know me know this). Loosing her was the worst experience of my life so far. (I really fear loosing my brother or DH... Loosing my brother would be the worst.) I expect to loose more people, but she was one I didn't want to loose. I was 26 and my brother was 18. She passed from cancer.

My question is... When you dream about people you love who have passed, how do you take it? Do you take it as a visit from them? Just a dream? I'm really not looking for scientific explanation, I want to know your emotional or spiritual interperatation. How you look at it in your heart, how it makes you feel.

When I dream about someone I haven't seen in a while, I feel as though we had just hung out.

Last night I went to bed in a great mood. I said my prayers, and focused a little more on my NyghtShade
, who was cuddling with me. She had her little arms around my neck and her nose nuzzled under my chin. To me, she was a gift from my mom (She came into my life about 3 yrs after my mom passed). She was sent to me for love. I needed a baby, and she was 3wks old and starving when she came into my life with her two siblings as fosters. Almost every night she wakes me up so I can lift the covers so she can crawl under to cuddle.

My parayers were in thanks for having her. Also for her continued good health and a long life, I do fear loosing her. It will hurt me so bad when she is gone. I feel like I am far too attatched to her. In my heart she was my mom's love sent to me in the form of the animal my mom and I loved most together.

Back on topic here... So in my dreams I saw my mom. She held me and didn't say much. I just sobbed and sobbed, and told her how much I miss her, and how much I wish she didn't have to leave us. In my dream I knew she was gone. In my dream, I walked from the house she lived in when she passed, to the house I grew up in, they were only yards apart IRL. I went into her bedroom and went through the stuff left there. I found stuff from my past, from my brother's past, from my mom's past. I was putting all the stuff into boxes and taking it home. I found things I hadn't seen in years. It took me years for my dreams to catch up with reality, where she was actually dead in them. Sleeping beside me the whole night was my baby Shadey.

When I woke up, I could feel the loss a little bit. I'm not down, or sad, just a little hurt. I feel as though I had a visit with her though. Kind of like I had a 'mom fix'

Do you get that too? I feel as though she visits me in my dreams when I need her. I don't dream about her near as much as I used to. I know I still need her, but not like I did.

I know a lot of you have lost people you were close to, and loved dearly. I'm sure a lot of you have also had dreams about those people. I am sorry for the loss of your loved ones recent or way past.

I'm a pretty curious person by nature. I like to know how other people see things. We are all so different from one another in cultures, areas we live in, experinces we have had. Things we learned... but yet in the end we are all so similar.

Thank you

Be safe.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dreams are our minds way of learning and working through things. I think when we have dreams like that it's simply because we were thinking about them or needed to remember/learn something we might have forgotten or missed before.

Otherwise, sleep and dreaming doesn't really serve any real purpose to the human body.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have dreams about doing stuff that ends up happening, not in the exact way I dreamed about it but the basic gist of the dream and then the reality are the same. Like last night I went to bed and dreamt I was walking thru Weis buying all the stuff for all the new recipes that I wanted to try. Sure enough this morning my food money was on my card and I got to go grocery shopping. I knew the money was going to be there soon so I think I just dreamt about it because I was making my grocery list last night.
In my AP Psych class that I took in high school my teacher told us about how if you think about something before you go to sleep 9 times out of 10 that is what you will dream about. Ive tried to test that theory as best I can and it does happen. I went to bed one time thinking about Bugs Bunny and then that night I dreamt about being Elmer Fudd hunting the "wascly wabbit". LOL
I think to some extent our dreams can co-exist with some sense of deja-vu or what ever 6th sense we havent tapped into. It may sound a little kooky but I believe in that stuff paranormal, ghosts, psychics stuff like that. I believe too that our pets can sense stuff that we cant stuff that our minds just arent open to like theirs are.

luvmy10

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have dreams about my cousin all the time...

He shot himself when I was 6 years old and I have no idea what happend I just knew he didn't come to church any more with my aunt. My mom finally mustered up the courage and heart to tell my brother and I what happened. It threw me for a loop because I never understood WHY he would do something so selfish and stupid. I hated him for years, although he had passed) I missed him so badly.

However, every few weeks I can see his face and his arms and his sweet baby blue eyes. He plays with me and rollerblades with me (we always did that after church) He tells me how much he loves me and that "it" is going to be okay. Whatever IT is, I guess life?! I reckon, and I hope so. I guess I have a guardian angel and he is watching over me, but I kinda get creeped out when he's in my dreams! LOL But I feel protected, yet hurt when he isn't really around...

xoxo

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Dad passed last May. I have only dreamed of him one time. When he died he was crippled and emaciated. In my dream, he was probably no older than 35 or at least it seems that way. He was very handsome and was wearing a light colored jacket that I remember from my youth. I have not dreamed of him again. The dream was very peaceful and I just took it as maybe a sign that he was okay where he is now. Sometimes I think we need something like that and the Lord allows us to have a dream that gives us peace.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have dreams about people who have passed, but I had a dream about my brother being in a car accident on the night that it happened. Somehow I knew exactly when it happened, how it happened and where it happened. I dreamed he lost control on some ice and hit a street light. My parents called me from the hospital and told me what happened and it was exactly what I dreamed
. In case you're wondering, my brother made a full recovery

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to be the complete opposite of you. When I dream of passed loved ones, I see it as, well, me visiting them, more than them visiting me. As in, it's not their spirit come to see me, but my mind revisiting the memory of them. Does that make sense? I guess that is to say I don't think it's their actual soul come to see me, and when I die if I see them again, we won't be able to talk about our visits. But I do think it is "them", since it's my memory of them, and we all know people live on in others' memories of them.

Also, I seem to dream more about people as the pain of losing them finally starts to fades. Then the dreams I have are all happy, and I wake up feeling a little happier. Bittersweet, I guess... But it generally isn't painful in anyway.

Just my take on it!