Do they follow you in the bathroom?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Oh, MargeCat!
I forgot to add: Margaret was only a kitten when this happened. If she fit into my bra at her present size, I'd never complain about my body ever again!
(Actually, she had the whole thing, especially the straps, wrapped around herself, and she was hanging on her back. I wish I had a pic!)

MargeCat

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no, that's one place Sash does not follow me

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As soon as Ginger was allowed full run of the house, it was very clear that the bathroom is HER special place with me.
She loves to come in and give headbutts and get pets.

Mojo has decided that she should come in too, but I think she's more interested in trying to play with Ginger than seeing me.

Trent would and still will only come in occassionally, and the bathroom has never been a place of interest for Ophelia.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah. Lynx is convinced that is the snuggle chair in there and the only reason I would go sit on it is if I want snuggles from him.

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i take a bath with two cats perched on the side of the tub...they both have fallen in on top of me at least once...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Abilene was a kitten-her and her foster sisters were raised in the bathroom (we had room for their cage in there at the time-) so needless to say- she OWNS the bathroom now
She even has her own shelf with a fleecy blanket on it, her own litter pan under the sink curtain and her own food and water in there (someone please tell me she's not spoiled rotten
) She follows me EVERYTIME i go in the bathroom....and if for some reason she is outside of the bathroom while i'm in it- she will lunge her entire body into the door and meow hysterically until I let her in- it's really quite funny

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not alllowed to go to the bathroom by myself either. Claude my shower kitty demands showers whenever the hubby or I use the bathrooms. Tegato demands pets and likes to sit on top of the toilet when I am showering. He sits on the side of the tub and splashes me with water if I take to long of a bath. My new kitten Starbuck follows me into the bathroom because she likes to follow the boys and prefers that she be able to see me.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sibohan and Duke arn't as facinated by the toilet but they love watching me shower. It is like "Oh my god it's all over you!.... wait I'll save you... Hold on it's wet, okay mom I'll call for help..... Meow... Meow...."

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, all of the cats will follow me into the bathroom and want to be pet and have good scratches behind their ears. Lately, I have two yellow eyes looking at me when I take a shower. Charlotte will jump onto the top of the toilet tank and watch me with a look on her face asking why I just don't bathe myself like she does. Silly kitten.

Do any of your cats have a fascination with the toilet? Everest runs in whenever he hears the toilet flush so he can watch the water swirl around.

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Do any of your cats have a fascination with the toilet? Everest runs in whenever he hears the toilet flush so he can watch the water swirl around.
YES!! its a little odd...peanuts will stand on the sink and watch the toilet flush...i swear she's going to jump in it one of these days!!! even after falling in the full bathtub once and giving herself a kittie heart attack...

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wonton always follows me in the bathroom, and if I don't close the door all the way, he'll use his little paw to pull it open. Our bathroom is kind of small, so more than once I've not realized he was behind me, went to back up, and stepped on a paw or tail :/ You'd thind that would discourage him, but no. Maybe he knows that if he DOES get his tail stepped on, afterwards I pick him up and love on him and say "sorry booboo, mommy didn't mean to", and he gets a treat :p

what I have to watch for tho, is him going in the shower. we have one of those showers that's totally enclosed, and the door is frosted glass. well, if I need to open the door for something, if it's open just for a sec, Wonton will go inside. I have no idea what is so fascinating about the shower, but if the door is open, he'll go in. He just goes in, goes to the far corner, turns around, sits down, and looks at me. I then ask him (jokingly) if he wants the water on, and just let him sit there a minute while I do whatever I'm doing in the bathroom. One time he gave me a scare tho. I went to the bathroom, washed up, came out.. Ten minutes later I realize I don't see Wonton anywhere. I call, I rattle the treat bag, I look EVERYWHERE - no kitty. I check under the bed, behind the tv, in the closet, by the steps - all his hiding places - nothing. I"m starting to get that rising panicky feeling, like omg, he must have gotten out, when I went back in the bathroom again, and I glanced at the shower, and I saw a fuzzy brown shape inside
I opened it and there he was, just sitting there like "who....ME?" By this time he'd been in there more than a half hour, and he never once meowed or pawed at the door to get out...strange cat. So now if I go in the bathroom I always make sure he's not in the shower before I leave.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh definately! Ceci is obsessed with joining me in the bathroom. When I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom she is there and sitting on top of her litterbox before I even get out of bed. As soon as I sit down she is on my lap

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spike and Oz are convinced that I will disappear out the bathroom window if I am not properly supervised. They don't follow J into the bathroom, just me. I can take a shower without supervision, but not a bath: they'll sit outside the bathroom door and yowl until I let them in, and if yowling isn't sufficient, one of them (usually Spike) will fling himself against the door itself until eventually it pops open (or I get tired of the disruption and let them in). Since I only ever take baths to relax, I usually cave in pretty early and let the cats into the bathroom just so the noise of them doesn't damage my calm. They can be very persistent.

I'm used to it, though. Most of our friends have cats, and most of our friends' cats also sense that I cannot go to the bathroom by myself. (I'm not sure where they all get this idea; I've been going to the bathroom by myself for quite a while now!
) One cat likes to follow me into the bathroom and curl up on my lap while I'm on the toilet (fortunately she's quite tiny -- Oz tries to do this, but 15 lbs of cat combined with bare legs and sharp claws leads to unpleasantness for me).

Spike also likes to sit on the bathroom counter while we brush our teeth, and he demands to be pet at the same time -- after all, we only need to use one hand to brush our teeth, and the other hand is free for more important cat-adoring duties. He'll also poke his head around the shower curtain while I'm taking a shower (although I'm allowed to shower alone, I usually leave the bathroom door open when I shower before work, so the cats are less likely to bother J while he sleeps). He also likes to attack me through the shower curtain, which is quite shocking when you're not expecting it!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never get "alone" time in the bathroom
Its always my daughter(for sure!) and usually one or two dogs and a few cats!!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strangely enough, Radar doesn't follow me into the bathroom. He used to make a dash for the door when I was on the way in there, but I think he's realised that there isn't any other way out, and I will be back out the way I went in before too long!

He is shut out when I am having a bath, because the sound of the running water attracts him and he has slipped off the edge of the bath and into it once or twice - no need for me to risk needing skin grafts!