Do senior cats need high protein and fat?

oyster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am researching wet food for my 14 1/2 year old indoor cat. He is very picky and has dental issues. He is going to get some teeth removed in two weeks so that will make it harder to "pick up" food too.
I am no longer in the US so I can't get brand specific recommendations. I am hesitant about senior foods which seem to have a lot of fillers in them. I can get organic canned food but I need to read all the ingredients. He has never eaten raw no matter how much I tried and coaxed.
I have read conflicting reports about senior cats needing LESS protein . I also have a 12 week old kitten and was wondering if I should be feeding them all the same amount of protein and fat.
Is there a chart for senior cats where I can get the necessary ingredients for a can food diet? I have searched this site but haven't come up with an ingredient list--lots of brand recommendations. Unfortunately, we don't get Rawz here.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they need lots of meat-based protein! Here's one of my favorite articles on senior cats and protein: StackPath

Kittens need lots of protein, too, for development. And no cats need high carbs so it's good to avoid vegetable-based ingredients like grains, potato, all legumes, tapioca (we feed one small pouch a week of a tapioca-thickened food the cats love, it's like a weekly junk food meal), and more.

Reading labels really is the key. And then keeping up with recipe changes is another challenge! Good luck!