Do many cats drink from faucets

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cjlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jcat, thanks for the link to the Catit thread. I read through the commonets and think I will try one of those. The price is cheaper online so will probably order it instead of buying locally. dmcwlvssr, which one did you order?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bakker will drink out of bathroom sink. All cats drink out of toilet I flush 1st if I can so its "fresh". They will also drink out of puddles in the driveway ans yesterday drank out of the tray that I have some plants in!!

kathryn41

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Four of my five drink out of the tap and think it is the best tasting water in the world. Lion and Freija have figured out how to push their heads against the tap lever (it is a central lever, not taps) to get the water turned on and no matter how many times we turn it off, they will turn it back on. They have turned it the wrong way, though, and sometimes it is warm rather than cool. So far, their preferred location is the spare bathroom, but Bear will also join us in our bathroom while we are brushing our teeth and we have to fight him for sink room when we rinse. We always know when they have been faucet drinking - they come in to cuddle with wet heads and feet and water droplets on their cheeks:-).

The next favourite water is the water from cut flowers or plants that are in water to develop roots. Yum yum!

Kathryn

cinderellie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have the petmate fountain in the bathroom on the second floor, which all the cats will drink out of. Some of them still insist on the tap water as well, and they have a regular bowl with their food.
A secret with the petmate to get it to be more waterfall-like is to turn the motor to the top, and it spews out a tiny bit more, but it's still fairly small. I'm considering getting them the Drinkwell as well, to satisfy the tap drinkers.
Luckily we have knobs for taps so they can't figure it out, otherwise our water bills would be tremendous!
Sharing the sink with cats while you're brushing your teeth is horrible. My biggest fear is that one of them will jump up just as I spit.(it's nearly happened a couple of times)

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat, Gracie, loves drinking from the faucet in the bathroom sink, as well as just playing with the water. She actually sits in the sink waiting for me to turn the faucet on which, of course, I do. She has me well trained!

qtkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a bowl in the bathroom sink which gets changed almost every time i go into the bathroom... and every time anyone goes into the bathroom Delilah is sure to follow for her drippy water .. she likes the water just fast enough so it drips once a second or so and then she will sit there and lick the faucet *rme* she is a nut ... then Shadow has now joined her but Shadow would rather play with a thin stream of water and pounce on it *lol*

rarepuss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
marsh will not drink from a faucet, ever. so i think it varies from cat to cat. In fact, when i got him the CATIT fountain, he was deafly afraid of it

wendysue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 7month old only wants to drink from the bathroom faucet. However he coughs after drinking from it. Should I be concerned? I also have a water softener and I am not sure if he should drink this water. Any one have thoughts on these concerns? Thanks