Do kittens need light at night?

ashley45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For those of you who have kept newly adopted kittens in a bathroom at night while they adjust, do you leave a light on? My bathroom doesn't have a window, so I plan on having the light on during the day when I'm gone and the kitten is in there, but should I leave a light on at night?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure about the "should" but I did while I was keeping Daphne separated. My bathroom doesn't have a window and I just couldn't see leaving her all by herself in the dark. A nightlight would probably work if you have one.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I left a small 4W night light on in the spare bedroom we used as Alley's "safe" room. I believe cats can see quite well with this amount of light.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashley45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the responses! I have a smaller, dimmer light that's over the shower, maybe i'll leave that light on. I'm going to the store today, so if I see a nightlight, I'll pick one up. I was just concerned that having a light on at night would interfere with a kittens sleep/wake cycle.

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 15 year old 'baby' doesn't like the dark so if he needs to use his tray or get a snack when it's dark her comes and wakes me up..... I am way too soft with him. His brother and sister are fine with the dark.