Do Jokes Make You Laugh?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to laugh
and I really really love to make people laugh.
I can get most anyone into a giggly or
moods!!! It keeps me happy, so laugh already dag-nab-it!!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time over the phone my eldest brother - who, I might add, is a crown prosecutor and very PC and VERY tender-hearted - told me the most appallingly un-PC joke I have ever heard in my life, and he had to hang up because I was laughing so hard for so long I couldn't speak. I would never be able to repeat it but oh, it was GOOD!!!

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely laugh at jokes and people are always like "You don't think that's funny?",,, And I'm like, no, I really DO think it's pretty funny, but not many jokes make me laugh, but really good ones can be pleasantly surprising.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I voted "sometimes", though "rarely" might have been a better choice. My usual reaction to a joke is to smile or shake my head. I really tend to laugh more when somebody makes a very dry, off-the-cuff remark.
I had to leave a classroom last week, though, and laughed till I cried, when a very shy, sweet student unintentionally came up with a very obscene expression while translating aloud in class. It was better than any joke!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I laugh usually unless its something grosss, like the dead baby jokes or something. I am a terrible joke teller, but am often funny if I don't think about it and just say something. My favorite joke happens to be really offensive though, so I hardly ever tell anybody.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll laugh at a joke on occasion, and it does depend on who is telling it and how they tell it. But mostly I laugh at people who act "silly".

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the joke. Some will make me laugh, some will make me smile and some will just make me shake my head in confusion.