Do I dare venture into Fancy Feast territory?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemahkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
MISSION FAILURE. she won't eat it. i bought a can of the chicken/liver pate, and also the grilled salmon 'flakes'. tried both, she just looks at the plate then walks away, doesn't even sniff it or taste it
i even put a glop of it on her nose, thinking at least she'd have to lick it off, but she wouldn't even do that. after about a minute and a half, the food was still stuck on her nose! brat!

anyway, thanks everyone for the tips. i'll try the blue buffalo chicken that strange wings mentioned, and then i might just give up. i've tried so many wet foods for her over the years, i'm just getting frustrated.

oh, marvin finished off the FF that spivey wouldn't eat. then, the next morning when i gave him his breakfast (wellness canned, which he normally eats with gusto), he looked at it, then looked at me like 'what's this stuff? where's that GOOOOOD stuff?'
guess the lesson is, never take that first hit!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah Magnum just decided he wanted to share Bumper's FF this morning too, and pushed Bumps out of his bowl and chowed down on the FF (they got Merricks Pot Pie today which they usually love) - sometimes its all about 'mum he got something better than me'

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nabu (my picky cat) likes the flavors in the classic seafood pack- Ocean Whitefish (blue label), Salmon(orange label), and "Cod, Sole & Shrimp" (aqua label). My cats also like the Chicken, Turkey & Giblets, and Chicken & Liver flavors. Nabu was eating Friskies for wet, but decided he's tired of it and we're using Fancy Feast again. We kind of switch between the Friskies, Fancy Feast, and Pro Plan wet foods as needed.

happilyretired

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I adopted my guy two years ago (he was 4), I discovered that he preferred wet food, and I was determined to feed him high quality brands.

He refused to eat any of them and wants only Fancy Feast. His taste changes among the flavors (now he's into the gravies, but for a year, he ate only the pates).

My vet says that the best cat food is the one the cat will eat.

I'm not too concerned about the FF because my first cat thrived on FF (all she would eat) and left me when she was almost 20 with no illnesses until the final year.