Do I Dare Ask Like Dinah Did??

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went for a job interview yesterday morning at 7:00 a.m. and it was a very good one! it's a great job!
I had posted about my unbearable situation at work in another thread but seeing how TCS magic worked for Dinah (as much as her own capabilities did too
) and her getting a new job, I want that same fortune! I do! I do! I do!

I commute 90-95 minutes each way and this is the first real job in months that's been available which would pay me the same amount, and is only 28 minutes from my front door. Small office, energetic staff, working for a man not a woman (I need a break) with lots of room to grow as they grow, and I think every Personal Assistant in town is after it. They also have branch offices in Florida!

The last thing they said to me before I left was "So what's your availability? Would you need to to give 2 weeks' notice?" which is always a good sign, but they can say that to everyone, really. And I left them 4 sparkling letters of recommendation.

I AM PRAYING TO THE TCS GODS NOW.
It's been 24 hrs and have not heard anything. I even went to Freddie's grave last night and talked to him about it. I know I am qualified. I didn't wear floozy clothes, smoochy lipstick, smoke or drink in the interview, jump up on the table or talk too much or too loud. So what's the holdup??? hire me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a large part of it because it will never change, but that commute is killing me. 3 hrs a day in stop/go traffic - -and it's time. I am stale. If I stay here I will become a relic......or worse yet, a MILDRED!~

oh! gotta go! Millie is talking to the back of my head again.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

It's a large part of it because it will never change, but that commute is killing me. 3 hrs a day in stop/go traffic - -and it's time. I am stale. If I stay here I will become a relic......or worse yet, a MILDRED!~
Oh good grief heaven forbid!!

It is a long jorney so i can understand!. Well they certainly sound like they like you!, and you sound like you like them!, so......................................

GIVE ELIZABETH THE JOB!!!!
Good luck and let us know the outcome

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Praying now, E, and sending lots of love your way!
That job is yours!
thankyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! I want so much to be put out of my misery!

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, after reading that other thread I hope and pray for the best for you too, especially now that you mentioned the 3 hour round trip commute for your current job. That's a long time!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For your resume, you should put TCS as a referral and we'll all say nice things about you! Sending you "get the job" vibes!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can count on my good luck vibes too!

Just think of all that you can do by gaining those two extra hours a day! You're not going to know what to do with all your free time.

I never could understand how some people can commute that far to and from work everyday. My boyfriend does it but I can get to work in 10 minutes! It's really nice.

Let us know something as soon as you hear.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

For your resume, you should put TCS as a referral and we'll all say nice things about you!!.....
What's that Mr. Employer? You say you want what? References? 4 Letters of Recommendation are not enough???
Well, excuse me! I do have references! Call'em all!!!