Do Granulomas (Rodent Ulcer) Come back?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2crazykittens

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow thank you @oneandahalfcats I never thought to look at the PC line of pet food. I did look at a variety of cans and the ingredients sound pretty much the same as the FF. It is nice to know that another company is getting on with the idea of avoiding the grains and glutens. Nice!
Maybe I will introduce that this week as I transition off the Friskies and onto the new wet.

A journal is a great idea. I should start that A.S.A.P. Simon seems like he is still itchy, but he is not scratching or biting himself, but he just is always licking random areas of his body. Mostly his front legs and ribs/back. Not sure if this is just because of whatever is going on allergy wise, or him just being strange.
He is otherwise for the most part acting like his normal self, eating well, playing and using the potty. I felt around his legs and the scabs and rough areas are starting to heal up. I did find what felt more like a blister in the location of the other scabs on his back leg. I guess that is also another symptom of this problem. I called the vet about it and they said I could bring him in again, but I don't want to take him in unless it is really necessary. He really hates going there.
I will just keep an eye on it for now and wait and see if it goes away or gets smaller by the weekend. If it gets any larger or seems to be growing I will definitely take him in for another check up.

Hope things get better for Simon soon.

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow thank you @oneandahalfcats I never thought to look at the PC line of pet food. I did look at a variety of cans and the ingredients sound pretty much the same as the FF. It is nice to know that another company is getting on with the idea of avoiding the grains and glutens. Nice!
Maybe I will introduce that this week as I transition off the Friskies and onto the new wet.

A journal is a great idea. I should start that A.S.A.P. Simon seems like he is still itchy, but he is not scratching or biting himself, but he just is always licking random areas of his body. Mostly his front legs and ribs/back. Not sure if this is just because of whatever is going on allergy wise, or him just being strange.
He is otherwise for the most part acting like his normal self, eating well, playing and using the potty. I felt around his legs and the scabs and rough areas are starting to heal up. I did find what felt more like a blister in the location of the other scabs on his back leg. I guess that is also another symptom of this problem. I called the vet about it and they said I could bring him in again, but I don't want to take him in unless it is really necessary. He really hates going there.
I will just keep an eye on it for now and wait and see if it goes away or gets smaller by the weekend. If it gets any larger or seems to be growing I will definitely take him in for another check up.

Hope things get better for Simon soon.
@2crazykittens: Just wondering how Simon is doing and if the new food is working out well? ...

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

2crazykittens

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So far Simon seems to be doing quite well.
 Being on the prednisolone is deceiving though and I am unsure if any of the changes I have made for him is helping for sure at this point. He is however really loving the raw foods. He has even tried quail this week and loved it.

I suppose only time will tell once Simon is off the medication if any of the food and litter changes actually have helped him out. I really hope that I does. Keeping fingers crossed for the little guy.

oneandahalfcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So far Simon seems to be doing quite well.
 Being on the prednisolone is deceiving though and I am unsure if any of the changes I have made for him is helping for sure at this point. He is however really loving the raw foods. He has even tried quail this week and loved it.

I suppose only time will tell once Simon is off the medication if any of the food and litter changes actually have helped him out. I really hope that I does. Keeping fingers crossed for the little guy.
Thanks for the update. Really great to read that he is doing well, and loving the raw foods! This should help to eliminate any issues with additives, certain carbs and synthetic ingredients at least that may have been contributing .. Very shortly I am planning on trying a different commercial raw for my crew - Well, the boys anyway .. Maggie doesn't seem very keen on raw foods although she may go for home-cooked. The commercial raw is called Pets 4 Life and this is made in Ontario. My holistic vet is now carrying this and the plan is to pick up a tub this week.

Will keep my fingers crossed that Simon continues to do well, and look for news on how he gets on with the raw food.

Last edited: