Do Dogs Chase Cat? Geico Commercial

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure many of you have seen this geico commercial, as geico tends to overdo their advertising. I love this series of their commercials, and this one in particular made me laugh almost as hard as the Woodchucks one and the Randy Johnson one. Oh, the Bird in the Hand one is good too. Heck, they're all pretty amazing.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If that was Pipsqueak, he would be doing the chasing, he is a dog chasing cat
. Great clip, I haven't seen that one.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That commercial cracks me up every time!
We decided the cat was Dorothy back in the day, and that's how she ended up in the shelter- she got caught being involved in car chases and whatnot..

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that commercial and always get a chuckle out of it. I had wondered if anyone else got a kick out of it too.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I admit that I am a fan of Geico (Gecko) ads. A new one comes out every week or two, the last one being DO YOU LIVE UNDER A ROCK? But now there is a new one and due to circumstances beyond my control I missed the ending. I now sit with my finger on the record button for my DVR, waiting to see this new ad about a cat driving a car being chased by a dog driving a car, but they keep playing that dang under a rock one. So, I do not know whether the cat gets away. So for all you people that have seen the chase sequence, how does it end? I assume the cat gets away but do not know for sure. It's just a stupid ad so why should I care?

Because I do.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms.Blackie

Go to Youtube.com
search: Do dogs chase cats? - GEICO Commercial
Why didn't I think of that?

But I still cannot tell if the cat gets away. As a former dog owner I guess that Geico did not want to alienate any pet owners, or am I missing something? I see a car flying through the air when the ad ends. If I go watch it a few more times I guess I will figure out if the cat is in that car...

missm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hardly ever watch television, but I managed to see this sometime last week - it's so cute!
My mother likes the "live under a rock" and "bird in the hand" commercials, she told me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Why didn't I think of that?

But I still cannot tell if the cat gets away. As a former dog owner I guess that Geico did not want to alienate any pet owners, or am I missing something? I see a car flying through the air when the ad ends. If I go watch it a few more times I guess I will figure out if the cat is in that car...
Nobody wins. It's the stereotypical eternal struggle between cat and dog. If the dog wins, we'd see something horrible we wouldn't want to witness (i.e. what really happens when a dog catches a cat), but if the cat gets away then there is no chase and nothing to watch. There is no ending other than the two cars driving over the hill at the end and the commercial showing the geico banner.