Do cats shed more fur in the spring?

withoutaname

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What you say, bigperm20, about some producing more, and the thing about sphynx, makes a lot of sense!

And yes, there are many studies that just say the opposite thing. I've heard many people say that if you grow up with cats, you might have a lower chance of developing any allergies later in life. But the study I referred to, was something I remember reading in a medical journal, and it seems to be something most doctors, especially the ones who work closely with related issues, agree with. 

A problem is that I think the hair sticks to the walls in your throat, and with it the allergens. 

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Opposite sounding results from studies are not necessarily opposite at all, for example it can be that too much exposure could cause allergies to develop while not too much but small exposure during young age might actually prevent allergies to develop as it would cause tolerance to be built up.

There is even treatments for allergies where one is exposed to allergen in controlled manner and slowly body learns not to attack itself.

aroojay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
since therez so much talk going on abt allergies fron cats here,i would vouch for the fact tht one does develop allergies fron them.i am 29yrd old wid no allergies watsoever,till i got my cat a yr bk.iv had dogs all my life,and they live in my house but nothing there.this past 1 yr,i hve had cough constantly,it goes bad at night specially.plus,ill post pics off the skin allergy i got frm the cats,as all the dermatologists confirmed.my hands are FILLED with blisters left from the horrible allergy and threy wnt go away!! so all those saying cats cannot give u allergies, i really wish it were so

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
since therez so much talk going on abt allergies fron cats here,i would vouch for the fact tht one does develop allergies fron them.i am 29yrd old wid no allergies watsoever,till i got my cat a yr bk.iv had dogs all my life,and they live in my house but nothing there.this past 1 yr,i hve had cough constantly,it goes bad at night specially.plus,ill post pics off the skin allergy i got frm the cats,as all the dermatologists confirmed.my hands are FILLED with blisters left from the horrible allergy and threy wnt go away!! so all those saying cats cannot give u allergies, i really wish it were so
I got those to legs too, bit milder but still and very itchy of course, every time my arm or leg touches a cat it is immediate itching. Funny thing is there is no problem in hand, but arm is a problem. So long sleeve does the trick for me. Then there is only water in eyes, running nose and hard to breathe to be cope with.

It is that protein in their saliva however, not so much of fur itself, even fur is one transporting protein to skin.

aroojay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh yes!!! the itch!!! they itched soo soooo bad tht they strtd bleeding aftrwards!! i hav had to put an ointment on them fr soo sooo long and they keep coming back!!!
i dnt know how ur coping with the runny nose and stuff!! hv u consulted a doc?! its really hard to go through all this considering u love the thing thts giving u all this!! [emoji]128543[/emoji]
do keep me posted of what the doc told u or wat u did for these zits or whatever they are.and DO CONSULT A DOCTOR!!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh yes!!! the itch!!! they itched soo soooo bad tht they strtd bleeding aftrwards!! i hav had to put an ointment on them fr soo sooo long and they keep coming back!!!
i dnt know how ur coping with the runny nose and stuff!! hv u consulted a doc?! its really hard to go through all this considering u love the thing thts giving u all this!! [emoji]128543[/emoji]
do keep me posted of what the doc told u or wat u did for these zits or whatever they are.and DO CONSULT A DOCTOR!!
Our doctors are so much behind the times, I'm just waiting for Circassia to get their medication to pharmacy and then I can perhaps move back, had to move my other building across the yard and now I just back and forth :D

So cats have more than 10 times the space, but I can live without much of the symptoms at least and we have actually much more playtime together now.

I have some scars on my legs from last spring still almost fresh looking, but thankfully no more the horrible itch either.