Do cats really get mad / angry at you FOREVER?

Do cats really get mad / angry at you FOREVER?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Depends on the cat

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • I love cats! ♥

• Total voters

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi! 

I'm a first time cat owner to a lovely tuxedo cat that gave me 4 grandkittens (she's now been sterilized). I've been reading many articles and a lot of them say "I hope he/she doesn't get mad at me for [vet visits, grooming, etc] forever".

My guess is that they can get annoyed, but how long would it last?

Momma cat is the nicest ever. No matter what I've put her through, she loves me so much 
 Sometimes I think she's the reincarnation of my Rainbow bridge doggie since she's so understanding and forgiving. But I'm keeping 1 or 2 of her babies and I don't want them to get mad at me forever 

And just for fun I've added a poll

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No I don't believe cats get angry 'forever'.  I don't think they really get 'angry' as we think of it.  I think they get scared and some kitties express that fear as what we think of as anger.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nah, I don't think they do either.  I agree with Denice.  Cats experience fear and humans twist that into "anger" as an explanation.  

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes they get "not happy" with me.  Daisy can hold a bit of a grudge, but she gets over it.  Speck will occasionally hiss at me when I want to go in the house before he is finished playing outside.  (He only goes out with close supervision.)  Secretly, I think it's funny.  He's very sweet, we just have differing opinions over who is in charge. Well, I mean technically he is in charge, but he's not supposed to know.   

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine don't really get angry... Tiger if he got mad at me for whatever reason.. he would come right back and rub up against me. :) Miagi really doesn't get mad.. if he does he comes right back to you. Angel.. she will get mad if she plays with me and she can get a little rough scratching & biting lol. But it's all in play (she never gets super mad and she never breaks skin or anything she has a super soft mouth and will not intend to hurt me) and she will also come right back to me. I think I lucked out on my kitties well I know I did.. animals are super forgiving and resilient. As long as you're not repeating the same behaviors to get your cat mad at you or unintentionally.. they will always forgive you. :)

Last edited:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swanie sometimes gets irritated with me, but 2 minutes later he's over it. 

I haven't seen Cricket even get irritated yet.  And neither did my Rainbow kitties Cindy and Darcy.

meow66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with the others here... Mine does however get jealous, but that is "a whole nother story".

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Lilith and Sophie get annoyed with each other more than they do with me but I think that they do get annoyed about stuff. The girls have taken over my kitchen table. It's a cat feeding station now and "theirs" since I can't leave their food on the floor. If I did, the dog would look like Jabba the Hut and the cats would starve. 
  Sophie hates it when there is anything on the table other than their dishes and will either complain and paw at it until I move it or she'll push the offending item onto the floor. Cats don't hold grudges though. That's a human thing. 

Henry got mad at me when I had to go out of town for just shy of 48 hours a couple of months ago. He had everything he needed and he was fine BUT when I went to say hello and sat down next to his tote and he hissed at me. Twice. 

I told him I was sorry and got him a special treat. He reluctantly let me give it to him and he ate it up and then let me pet him. He forgave me as they always do but he sure let me know that he was not happy with me at all that day. I took it as a compliment of sorts because if he didn't like me he wouldn't have bothered to get mad at all. The girls were glad to see me when I got back but he was mad at me for leaving.