Do cats know it's Sunday?

tecibbar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feed the feral/abadoned cats in my neighborhood. On weekdays, I only feed them in the evening, On Saturdays and Sundays, I also feed them in the morning, so they will congregate and wait for me from around 8 o'clock. On weekdays they won't show.

Is maybe one of the cats is smart enough to tell, or can they tell from other people's behavior?

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, well they do have super-sensory-nose power, so maybe they smell the food-a-comin' or feel the (vibe) that you are feeding them that day.

Are they all spayed and neutered? To save you money, what if you called a no-kill shelter(s) to find out who does TNR work (Trap, Neuter, Release) - that way those particular cats won't keep doin' the looooove thaaaang.

I believe cats have super senses in every way.

Warmly,

Julie O'

clowangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't be surprised if they had a kitty version of the Mayan Calendar. xD

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually forget what day it is until I see the trash up front on Thursdays, so perhaps its something similar they observe.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

I usually forget what day it is until I see the trash up front on Thursdays, so perhaps its something similar they observe.
That would be my guess, too. Our last cat was a feral and would go to the local supermarket and steal meat or lunchmeat in the parking lot when people were loading their cars - on Saturdays. We figured he knew from the lack of morning rush hour traffic what day it was. It couldn't have been our own routines because he stuck to his during school vacations, and DH's schedule changed constantly and included every other weekend.

hairytrousers

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a little girl that dissapeared on saturday nights habitually. for a long time this puzzled me until one night we went for dinner at our local club which was pretty much adjacent to our block in between a football field. Turns out saturday is seafood night. Checking her breath on sunday morning confirmed it.