Do cats harmful to the baby’s health?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Somethings is fishy here guys.... two new members just signed up and posted here ... with nonsense.... trolls perhaps??
I always feel suspicious when brand new members sign up and then post something with terrible grammar and spelling

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 children and have always cleaned the litter trays and basically done everything for my cats when I have been pregnant and my children and I am fine. I had the old wives tales told to me when I was pregnant with my first baby but all nonsense, really its all about personal hygiene and common sense!! As with anything when you are pregnant or have children. x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arsteven

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Somethings is fishy here guys.... two new members just signed up and posted here ... with nonsense.... trolls perhaps??
So you think the baby's health is nonsense?Thanks for your senseful reply!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalisa8804

as far as i know, animals are indeed harmful to pregnant women. as to baby, i've no idea.
Huh?? I worked at a tour farm, all kinds of animals. The girl that owns it was pregnant twice during that time.

She was mucking out stalls, hauling hay, gathering eggs, feeding, brushing. She has three strong adult children that never had any health probs.

I think germy little kids are more harmful to pregnant women than any animal could ever be...

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ARSteven

So you think the baby's health is nonsense?Thanks for your senseful reply!
No one thinks your baby's health is nonsense. We all believe the old wives tells that are still repeated today are. There is no harm to your baby with a cat. My mom had 2 cats and a great dane when I was born. In fact my first word was my cats name. And I had a very major surgery when I was born. Most of my baby pictures there is some sort of animal in it. I have many passed out on the couch with a cat in my arms or laying on my dogs stomach.

But by nature of the site, we get a lot of spammers that are just trying to get members upset. That is what they do and find joy in, so needless to say most members are a little leery when posts like this come up.