Do cats get mad when you give the kittens away?

darc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some people have told me that cats get really mad or depressed when you take their kittens away. I plan on waiting 10 weeks before I give them away. Just curious as to how she will react.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some one with more experience will be able to advise you better, but yes, they do miss their kits and search for them. I don't know if they still do that at ten weeks or not.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We gave 7 of our 8 kittens away very gradually over the time from 10 - 16 weeks of age. We kept one behind, and that's one of the reasons I don't think Elsa ever really pined for them. But hey, you might be glad if your 8 kids finally moved out! LOL.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They might be a bit upset if taken too early; otherwise they don't really care after the kits are weaned and more/less on their own. In fact, my queens would usually push or swat at them to go away after 4 months old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope she does not get to upset. That would just break my heart.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry, she might be upset for a few days, but will forget the kittens in about a week or 2
Do you have her spaying scheduled?

jessienkitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When Habusaki left to go live with my sister Kitty didnt even seem to notice she was gone. i did though