Do any of your vets do this?

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
imogen go to www.google.co.uk and type in 'freebies' the most popular sites such as uk freebies, student freebies etc have pet section where you can get free pet food and cat care advice. sometimes even toys and stuff.

rugbykid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At the clinic I work at we give new kitties packs with food, treats, lids, info and anything else we get from our suppliers. We also have sympathy packs that we give to you when we euthanize animals, they have poems in them, a rose, and a kitty angel pin.
In an ideal situation you always want to do a full blood panel before surgery, most people can't afford that so a lot of vets bypass it. We only do blood panels before a surgery if the cat is older. We also always offer free rechecks to check the incision and see how the cat is doing.

G

ghostuser

I've never had a pet fixed by my vet. Our last one was done at an animal charity, and my current three were fixed by my shelter. I do know that my vet reduces prices for me all the time, and has "forgotten" about x-rays and bloodwork that turned up nothing in the end. I've also lost two cats while going to this vet, and each time they've send cards - from the vet and from the staff separately. They've also sent flowers, and have made donations to the Morris Animal Foundation in the names of the cats we lost. We lost our first cat the first time we came there, and the second was a foster that I had only had two days. If they do this much for new patients and new clients who are grieving, I'm sure they do as much for new parents as well.

At our shelter, the cost of adoption is 90 dollars. That includes current shots and getting spayed/neutered. If the cat gets sick within two weeks, the shelter will treat the cat. (But they have to bring the cat in to our vets.) We also send home a care package with two manuals, a 4 pound bag of Science Diet (which is what we feed at the shelter), a small bag od toys, and coupons.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RugbyKid

At the clinic I work at we give new kitties packs with food, treats, lids, info and anything else we get from our suppliers. We also have sympathy packs that we give to you when we euthanize animals, they have poems in them, a rose, and a kitty angel pin.
In an ideal situation you always want to do a full blood panel before surgery, most people can't afford that so a lot of vets bypass it. We only do blood panels before a surgery if the cat is older. We also always offer free rechecks to check the incision and see how the cat is doing.
Yes, this is similar to what we have here, although verts are as different as crayons in a box. Sasha and now Saba's vet is from Novia Scotia originally, maybe that's the difference, but the clinic will send home one or two discount coupons, some samples, and when Freddie was dying she never charged us a dime for the last bit of Baytril, which is expensive, to ease his discomfort. They also send sympathy cards and re-checks after surgery or a major procedure are free; so is "thinking cap consultation".....when you have to make a hard and dreaded decision, that's what Dr. B calls it.
When we moved out of Seattle two years ago, we decided that the clinic was one thing we weren't willing to leave behind. We'd miss the hundreds of polaroid photos of all the kitties on the wall! So to get there is 1 hour and I don't care.

-E.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my vet gives out is a new kitten package when you bring a new cat in. Kitten food, and flea treatment and some coupons and stuff along with a Health Tracker thing that shows what vacinations they need and when they need them.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine gives freebies from time to time... like hairball stuff he did a worming free when I didnt think she had gotten the liquid I gave..

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

imogen go to www.google.co.uk and type in 'freebies' the most popular sites such as uk freebies, student freebies etc have pet section where you can get free pet food and cat care advice. sometimes even toys and stuff.
Brill! Will do...

jan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We got "new kitten packs" with some "how to care for ...." leaflets, a bowl, a toy and some samples & coupons for food, but the whole thing was very advertising orientated. Whiskas, if I remember rightly. It was a bit like the new baby pack I got in hospital when I had my children with formula milk samples etc!

There weren't any vouchers for veterinary services, unfortunately.