Do Any Of You Know If Duck Is Considered A Hard Or Soft Bone?

Tuckamukk3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all. I have an STX 4000 turboforce II which can only grind "soft" bones. In the question and answer section of the Amazon page for this product a representative of the product answered an inquiry about duck bone, saying he "thinks" duck is a hard bone, but I can't find any confirmation of this online. Do any of you happen to know?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I looked on the One Stop Jerky Shop website where I bought my Tasin, and here’s what it said in the description. So it looks like duck is considered soft!

Our Tasin TS-108 Electric Meat Grinder #12 also works well for making RAW pet food diets too! Customers have found that it can handle the soft bones of chicken, rabbit, duck and other small fowl, grinding these soft bones will not void the warranty. Do Not grind hard bones such as those from beef, venison, pork or turkey as damage will occur and the warranty will be void!
I’d grind carefully and listen to make sure it’s not laboring, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tuckamukk3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info. I'll probably call STX International too and see if they can verify whether duck bones are "allowed" under their warranty.