Do all your cats purr?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

studio224

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bodlover, that's so sad...

I am so sad when I read those stories, I don't like to think that one day they leave us...

But yes, sometimes my cats purr at the vet....

Anne-Claire

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The latest research suggests that purring may have healing capabilities for a cat. That was in last month's Cat Fancy.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Rhea :angel2:

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty Tetly...

Please don't apologize for showing your feelings hon....

I have heard cats purr when they're in pain. I know Kadaffi did while he was suffering before he passed away.

Love, Peace &

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The two babies I bottle fed, and felt so bad about losing, they purred. They were only two weeks old....but they purred.

studio224

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Debby
The two babies I bottle fed, and felt so bad about losing, they purred. They were only two weeks old....but they purred.
WOW! at 2 weeks! That's the first I hear of so early...

Anne-Claire

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of our cats purr, but they all have different purrs. :flash: Cinnamon has a quiet purr and you cannot hear her. Fluffy is the same way. The only way you can hear them purr is if you put your ear close to them or touch their necks.:laughing2: Now, the bengals are different. Gizmo has an extremely loud purr! It sounds like he is snorting at times!
Scooter is an extremely loud purrer. I've noticed in kittens, especially, that their purrs are really loud!! Tigger, Scooter and Gizmo all sound like they have a loud motor running!
:LOL:

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anne-Claire,
After I would feed them with the bottle, they would snuggle up against my neck, and when I laid my head on them, I could hear the tiny purring!!!

studio224

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Debby
Anne-Claire,
After I would feed them with the bottle, they would snuggle up against my neck, and when I laid my head on them, I could hear the tiny purring!!!
Oh... they give us sooo much love....

Anne-Claire

G

ghostuser

Both of my cats purr. Especially when I am petting them. I don't notice it much otherwise.