Dna Testing?!?

Awhodits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello everyone I have two beautiful cats! My black cats name is Sprinkle and my Grey cat is Bunny my vet thinks I got really lucky and got a Bombay cat and a Korat cat, she really wanted me to get DNA test done bc she was really curious. However they don’t offer that in their clinic. I have been looking for a few days now and was just wondering what was a good place to go through to determine their breed!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
There’s a company called BasePaws that’s doing DNA testing for cats now. We were discussing this here: Basepaws Dna Test For Cats?

They’re fairly new, and probably getting swamped with orders, so none of our TCS members have gotten results back yet.

Another option is to go through UC Davis. Like BasePaws, they provide a test kit so you don’t physically have to go there.

If you post pictures of your cats, we can help you determine if your cats do have the look of those breeds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Awhodits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That was the sight I ended up always going back to lol I will definitely post some pictures of them I’ll definitely wanna do the DNA testing in a couple weeks so if I get anything back I’ll let you know

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Awhodits

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
9063B03D-F570-42E3-B761-E26D5F5E2046.jpeg
9D77493F-D6D5-4904-AAD5-D84BD45F6688.jpeg
There’s a company called BasePaws that’s doing DNA testing for cats now. We were discussing this here: Basepaws Dna Test For Cats?

They’re fairly new, and probably getting swamped with orders, so none of our TCS members have gotten results back yet.

Another option is to go through UC Davis. Like BasePaws, they provide a test kit so you don’t physically have to go there.

If you post pictures of your cats, we can help you determine if your cats do have the look of those breeds.