Distressed about finding new forever homes for our babies!

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know I'm probably not the only one, but I'm really upset and anxious about giving away our little kittens. They are now over 12 weeks old and ready to leave but I'm worried about taking them away from their mum as she still seems attached to them, not to mention how devastated I'll be when they do go. My husband and I have agreed that we'd like to re-home them in pairs so that they have one of their littermates with them to make the transition easier. We'd also love to be able to keep in contact with the new owners to see how theyre doing and maybe see a few photos of the kitties as they grow up. Is this just too much to ask for??

lolasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lolas kittens haven't arrived yet and I'm already fretting!  However, only friends and family are taking my kittens (fortunately had plenty of offers) have also told them if they go on holiday I am happy to have the kittens back whilst their away....lol do you like my plan? 

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The first of Daisy's kittens goes on Monday and I'm dreading it! Luckily the 3 I'm giving away are all going to people I know so I'm sure that they're going to loving homes and I know I'll get updates, do you have friends, family or even friends of friends that would take them so you can be sure of getting updates etc? Good luck with finding homes for them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not exactly selling them, just asking for whatever the vet work cost. We have tried many times to ask friends and family but they just don't want a kitten for various reasons :( I am so upset.

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have even tried facebook and asked friends to ask their friends. We had a couple of people interested but didn't have a good feeling about them so decided to go with my gut.

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww that's a shame, I didn't think I'd have people I know taking these but I'm lucky that the many many cute pictures I posted to Facebook won people over, I really hope you manage to fine good homes for them

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is a shame. I was really hoping we could give them to people we know so we could visit :( haven't really had anyone interested in taking 2 together which makes me really sad. Does anyone have any advice to make things easier for not only us, but also the kittens and mother cat?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly the world is over run with kittens and it is a fact of life that it is often difficult to find good homes. As other threads here relate, there are also very bad people who take free kittens to sell on or even worse to be used as dog bait or snake food. This is one reason why, even though it makes it even more difficult, kittens should not be given away to people you don't know, they should always have a value put on them that puts them above being taken for abuse. Certainly charge a new owner for any vet care, shots etc, but put something on above that, and do try to visit a potential home. Contracts are usually not worth the paper they are written on, but signing something and giving proof of identity and address may make careless or thoughtless people at least think twice. And always offer to take the kitten back if anything goes wrong, without making the person feel guilty about the possibility. Follow-up phone calls at least, if no visit is possible, may give you a feeling if something is not right. The other thing to ask is whether the new owner already has a vet, and check to see if it is true. You are much more likely to get a good home if they already have animals that receive vet care.

Last edited:

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Jenny. Appreciate your advice. I am very concerned about something bad happening to them. I'd like to have a contract for people to sign but my husband doesn't think it's a good idea since we're not a shelter and it might seem too formal.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of people do have contracts. It needn't be much, just a document that contains both buyer's and seller's addresses and a promise from the buyer to give the cat the proper vet care and vaccinations/neutering, and to contact you if things go wrong. They must say they will never abandon the cat or give it away without contacting you, and that you have first choice if they need to get rid of it for any reason. You promise to take the cat back at any time for whatever reason if they cannot keep it. And you have the right to phone occasionally, in the first year at least, to check on progress. As I said, a contract does not mean much in the great scheme of things, but good people will understand why they are signing it and do so willingly as evidence of good faith. Others may at least think about what they are doing and it may deter actual criminals.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi lindz,

I'm not a shelter either, but I have re-homed several feral kittens in the past few years. I used an internet adoption site recommended by an animal rescue group in Tokyo. Not a lot of good to you I know but the site did have a great contact.

In order to adopt kittens through this site you had to have certificates from a vet that showed they had been tested for Feline Aids and leukemia and they needed to have had their first lot of vaccinations. If not already spayed or neutered the contract asked you to specify who would pay for this, the new owners or the original owners. You also needed the contact details of the vet this kitten would come under the care of.

Finally the original owners had to take the kitten to the home of the new owners. This allowed you to see the environment the kitten would be going in to and allowed you to verify the address you had been given. If the new home didn't work out for any reason the contract required the new owners to contact the original owners to come and collect the kitten. The kitten couldn't be passed on to a third party.

I asked the new families to cover transport costs and agree to pay for the spay and neuter, but paid for the blood tests and vaccines myself. I sent the vets medical records and a copy of the contract to the vet they said they would use and my husband called them to make sure they had received all the paperwork.

It's all a bit troublesome, but it set my mind at ease and I've never had any problems with the kittens I've re-homed. I still get e-mails and photos from the new families.

Good luck finding new homes for your kittens

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Norachan. I hope I find some great owners for them soon. I've had quite a few people wanting one but it's so hard to find people who want a pair. I've read a lot about the benefits of re-homing in pairs. Does anyone have advice or experience with this?

datagrrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We can only be a one cat family, so adopting a pair was impossible for us.

That said, I can tell my feral kitten might have been happier with a sibling, though I am not sure it would have been good for her socialization.

I think the adjustment will be hard, but it isn't easy for any kitten. If you can find good homes for single kittens I would go that route. Sadly the longer you keep them the harder it is to find a home. At some point people will start to assume you were going to keep them, but they got to be too much trouble. It isn't fair, but it is the way people think.

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks datagrrl, will keep that in mind. Just want to make sure we find the right people.

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still can't find homes for pairs :( I'm so upset! Really didn't want to split them up. It would be nice for them to have one of their siblings with them to make the transition easier :(

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any advice on how to choose the right homes for our kittens? They are now 13 weeks old and worried that we'll have trouble getting people interested. I'm thinking our only choice now is to find individual homes for them all.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a fairly comprehensive article about this in our Articles section.  Here is the link:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/kittens-to-good-homes

Also, in my own small rescue (in the USA), I have a certain procedure I follow.  First, I advertise on three internet spots:  Petfinder, Adopt-A-Pet, and eBay Classifieds.  There is also another huge site which I have not yet used but has brought many people good, quick, local results.  It's called RescueMe -- and it has its own web site [if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:TargetScreenSize>800x600</o:TargetScreenSize> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><![endif]http://www.rescueme.org/ and also a Facebook site, http://www.rescueme.org/social-cats (this is the cat-specific site but RescueMe.org includes all animals).  It's free so there's nothing to lose but the time it takes to write your ad. 

I always have people contact me first by email and ask them to send their phone number if they want a call back.  (Some just want to know what adoption from us entails and what the fees are, but if that suits them, then they send a phone number.)  I will then call them and have a telephone conversation and see what my chemistry is with them and also check out their situation and see if they would be a good fit with the cat or kitten(s) they inquired about.  If so, I schedule a "meet & greet" appointment when I will bring the cat or kitten(s) to THEIR home for a visit (explaining "this is so you can see how she acts in your home even when she is just visiting, and so you can see her in the fur and experience any good chemistry you may have with her.")   I do not take these "Meet & Greet" visits lightly and will not schedule a  visit unless I believe I would be willing to adopt to the person on the spot.  I remind them that they are not obligated to adopt either, they are just having a meeting.  If I have several young kittens available, even if they want a specific one, I will bring the whole crew and let them play together in thier house.  Sometimes you end up adopting two together that way because they find they can't choose between their two favorites!.  I took 7 kittens visiting last week and three of them have already been adopted, and two more are being adopted tomorrow!  When possible, I bring the mother cat too, if she is in my possession.  Cats are SO much smarter than we give them credit for.  If one or two kittens get adopted at the time of the visit, the mom cat will yell at me most of the way home, telling me I forgot one of the babies, but she has seen they were in a safe place, and when I get home, she will calm down and will not be searching my house and calling for her lost kitten.  That makes us BOTH feel better.

I do have a contract but it is short, and I do make sure the kittens are up to date on worming and shots and if I have the mama cats, they have been tested for FeLV/FIV and are negative, meaning the kittens are all negative as well.  I provide records of this with each adoption.  If the kittens are very young, I require they be spayed/neutered by five months of age and the people send me proof of this.  I charge $35 for a basic fee, to cover shots and worming and the combo test, if they are not yet neutered/spayed -- If they are older, I will offer to get it done for them if they pay the adoption fee at that time (I can't afford to front all that money for groups of kittens, so I charge $35 plus the cost of the spay or neuter) -- Often they will agree to this so that they don't have to worry about it.  I do promise to return their adoption fee if anything should happen to the kitten in surgery, and that usually convinces them to let me do it.  With our mobile low-cost spay neuter clinics, I can usually get them done within the week and let them go to their new homes after a few days of recovery.  Of course I take them to their new homes when it's time, and I stay until they get settled and are exploring the new place.  If I haven't heard from them via email or phone in a week or so, I always check back to make sure everything is going well and see if they have any questions.  It's a lot of work and quite time consuming, but I think I get the BEST adopters that way!  Many make extra donations over and above the basic adoption fee too.

I hope this gives all of you an idea of how you might proceed with your own adoptions, and to see how it can actually be a wonderful experience when you find homes for your precious furbabies!

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@lindz, you said your husband thought a contract was too formal, but for the people I mentor who are placing kittens from moms they rescued, I recommend they use my simple Adoption Agreement form (not quite so formal as Contract, but agreeing to some important things).  Of course you would keep the signed copy for your records, and give them a copy as well so they will always have your contact info and will also have a reminder of what they agreed to.  You don't have to be a rescue to do that, and people actually appreciate it.  Here is a copy of the basic form I use -- you can replace Red Top Rescue with your name, and of course have all your contact info at the top of the agreement.

[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:TargetScreenSize>800x600</o:TargetScreenSize> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><![endif]
CAT ADOPTION AGREEMENT​
CAT’S NAME:  ________________________________  BREED: ____________   COLOR: ___________   SEX: _____   AGE:  ___________

1.         I am adopting this cat with the intention of providing a permanent loving home.

2.         I agree to have this cat spayed or neutered by the time it is 5 months of age and to

send proof of this to Red Top Rescue at the above address.

3.         I agree NOT to have this cat declawed.

4.         I agree to keep this cat inside except when accompanied by a human until it is at

least nine months old.

2.         If I should ever need to give up this cat, I agree to contact Red Top Rescue and offer to

return the cat to them.

NAME(s):  __________________________________________________________________

ADDRESS __________________________________________________________________

PHONE: _________________ (home)  __________________ (cell) _________________email

NOTES: _____________________________________________________________________

ADOPTING PARTY:  ___________________________ (signature)      _______________Date

[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument></xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles></xml><![endif][if gte mso 10]><style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-priority:99;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}</style><![endif]

Last edited:

lindz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Red top rescue, thanks for all the invaluable information! Your contract looks great so I might use something very similar. I was thinking of getting potential adopters to come to our place for a meet and greet and then take the kittens to their place if we feel that theyre a good fit. Do you think this would work just as well?