distilled water?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i used distilled water when we had the bigger cat fountains. but i don't think the cats liked that very much. they drank more when i had regular water in the fountains. we have a Pur pitcher that i use for their water and little water fountain.

distilled water does keep fountains cleaner though.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a Culligan water pitcher with a filter in it. That is the water that Princess and I both drink and I change the filter every 2 months or so. She seems to like it.. and she just has a regular water bowl

tekgrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use distilled water for cooking, drinking, and for my Senseo coffee machine. Friends of mine that got me hooked on the Senseo recently had to throw theirs out because of mineral build up from tap water that was causing really low throughput (like half the amount it was supposed to dispense) and nasty mineral taste. They even tried cleaning the thing with vinegar several times but it didn't take long before it was stopped up again from mineral deposits with 3 adults drinking coffee several times a day.

That being said, my tap water isn't that horrible and I've never given the cats distilled water. Do you think the lack of flouride would be bad for their teeth with distilled water? Sometimes I buy myself the baby distilled water because it contains flouride but it is expensive at about $1.30 a gallon while regular distilled is about 65-85 cents a gallon.