Distemper booster and Revolution Plus - should I wait?

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello. Our new kitty Buddy - approx 2 yrs old and healthy, just had his distemper vaccine booster today. He is due for his monthly Revolution Plus today as well. Should I hold off a few days before treating him with the Revolution? Opinions? I am inclined to wait a few days, maybe 3. We are in Florida and our back yard backs up to a nature conservancy area, so heartworm, flea and tick prevention is a must.

Last edited by a moderator:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it makes you feel better, you can give the Revolution tomorrow or the day after to avoid stressing out the cat more.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If Buddy has had previous distemper vaccines as well as Revolution Plus treatments, what is concerning you? I'd say, stay on his schedule unless you are seeing signs from his vaccine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to make sure there weren't any concerns giving him meds on top of a vaccine. I know in humans this can potentially cause issues.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, no concerns with giving Revolution or any topical medicine or treatment the same day as vaccinations. It's not a problem to push Revolution off a day if you want to be extra safe.