Dishwashers...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be writing to your solicitor by now Susan!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Gilly. I love it.

We don't prewash or dry and our dishwasher is ANCIENT (No kidding!)

We put plastic and everything in. A few times we have come out with melted things though!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Full sized. Not only because you may have company some day but what if you sell the house? I'd think a full sized would be a better sell. I love mine. I live alone too so I just keep putting dishes in it and only run it every few days or so.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
opps, now I see I'm too late.
Oh well, better late then never!

I put plastic in my dishwasher. But only on the top self. For your small space left you could build a small box inside it and use it for things like baking sheets and broiler pans. I had this in my old house and it sure comes in handy for those things like that which don't really fit easily anywhere else!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cool... I suppose it would cut a lot of time off if you don't have to do the pre-wash thing and the drying and whatnot that goes with it. The reason I asked is because I had a friend whose family had this great big hunk-a-metal and they were so pernickety about washing the dishes first and THEN putting them in the machine AND drying them afterwards. It always seemd like a pointless exercise to me to do all of that if the machine was supposed to do it anyway. It was them who put the plastic in the dishwasher and managed to kark it out completely when the dishwasher melted it! They were so mad at having to wash all the dishes by hand... but like I pointed out, they did them all by hand anyway, so what were they complaining about!!? See, NOW I'm seeing an upside to them.....
That small space that you have left... how about putting in a small hanging rack and store your tea-towels there? We have one in our kitchen here and boy it comes in really handy. Specially when the tea-towels are wet.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

how about putting in a small hanging rack and store your tea-towels there? We have one in our kitchen here and boy it comes in really handy. Specially when the tea-towels are wet.
Hey, that's a good idea!

But I bought a wicker drawer tower with 5 drawers that fit's really snuggly down the side! I might put Guin's toys and stuff in there...

And if anyone really wants, I will get a pic tonight! ... hehe

I love my dishwasher
sad I know but I used it last night for the 2nd time. It's so nice not to have anything out on the draining board etc.

I don't think I will risk the plastic stuff as I think my mum melted a spatula that was put correctly in the d/w but then when it was on cycle the spatula fell onto the heating coil at the bottom and melted it!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

gilly are these plastic cups from ikea?? then they are ok to wash
They are from the £1 shop!
And I took all the labels off when I bought them so can't remember if they are d/w safe...

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heheh oops! i like that idea of the wicker drawer tower... I don't think we'd have space for soemthing like that... as it is we have to ahve a toploader washing machine because the space in the kitchen is too small for a normal front loading thing. Which incidentally went bang the other day....

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not seen top loading w/m for ages! My mum used to have a twin tub when I was small, but that was in the early 80's then she got a front loading machine. Perhaps in other countries they are more popular?

Hope u get your machine fixed soon!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

I have not seen top loading w/m for ages! My mum used to have a twin tub when I was small, but that was in the early 80's then she got a front loading machine. Perhaps in other countries they are more popular?
I had one when i got married in 1980 and i hated it with a passion!. I only had it for a year or two before i got my front loader

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I remember Susan, my mum used to have to pull this machine out of the cupboard, fix up the pipes to the kitchen taps to use it. It was a funny old thing and I could never see the point of it! It took some time and money for her to get a proper machine and I think as well, one day it broke down the the guy that came to fix it could not believe that she was using something so out of date!

If I am honest, I was scared of that machine too

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a lot of toploaders out here because they save on space. They're probably a bit smaller than the old ones, I should think! I recall the thing my grandad had being this big twin tub thing. i hated it.... it used to make some really REALLY wierd noises. Scared the living wits outta me as a kid!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

All I remember Susan, my mum used to have to pull this machine out of the cupboard, fix up the pipes to the kitchen taps to use it. It was a funny old thing and I could never see the point of it! It took some time and money for her to get a proper machine and I think as well, one day it broke down the the guy that came to fix it could not believe that she was using something so out of date!
Yes there the ones!
Like i didn't have anything else better to do after coming in from work and lugging that thing out.

Thats it!, i'm getting a dishwasher next!!