Dishwasher Or Dish Washer?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well 99.9% of the time I use the dishwasher,hehe........but theres certain things that I cant/wont put in there and then they get washed by hand.
Right now I am using,umm....gotta go look.

For handwashing I have Dawn antibacterial apple blossom-yummy!! And for dishwasher I use Cascade complete.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Both, I wash the dishes by hand, with soapy water and a scrub brush, until it looks clean, then it goes into the dish washer. If I wash by hand ONLY, then I'd have to really wash it until I'm absolutely certain there are no germs. But I just can't stand putting dishes in the dishwasher without cleaning them off first. I believe that when you leave junk on the dishes (not including little minute pieces of junk), it wears out the dishwasher and it breaks down faster than it should. Plus, when you wash them first, they come out of the dishwasher sparkling clean, lol (when my parents wash them, however, they don't scrub first, so we get dishes with baked-in pieces of food)

I'm anal about it, though, so I don't think anyone else does this. My sister does, but everyone else in the world does NOT, lol

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use both.
I always wash by hand my knives and anything with wood (wood is never supposed to go in a dishwasher!)All my pots and pans get washed by hand as well as my wine glasses and anything else I deem handwash!!
I have a drainer on the cupboard to put these one. I am currently using Palmolive for handwashing and Cascade in the dishwasher. I to do not use any anti-bacterial stuff. I found this great mesh strainer that I use in one sink that catches the food bits rather than going in the septic tank! Another tip never overfill the detergent thing in the dishwasher as too much dishwasher detergent will etch glasses. Also to santize your sponges.scrubby things run them thru the dishwasher too!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I live alone, and do all my dishes by hand. Ive found that the trick is to do them just after youve "made" them, nothing has had time to "Stick" on so its really fast and easy. I really like Palmolive as a hand soap as well as a dish soap, but my favorite is the Grapefruit scented Sunlight.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do our dishes and then put them into the dishwasher. I can't stand baked on food, it makes me feel like they need to be redone again.
If they need to be done by hand I use Dawn apple scent. For the dishwasher, I use Cascade complete.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Handwashed, Fairy Liquid, music helps...

I've actually got stacks of washing-up but I think I'll leave it 'til the weekend and hope Epona doesn't see this post