Dishcloth or Sponge?

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a dish rag (wash cloth) for wiping off counters and such, but I scrub dishes with one of those soap dispensing scrub brushes. I just feel like sponges and rags get all slimy with food. The brush is synthetic so it rinses clean. I dry with the "Flour Sack" towels. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use a dish cloth. I also have a brush that I use on hard to clean items. It gets washed in the dishwasher.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
sponge for washing dishes. we never use the dish washer-it holds our paper towels. I hate rags/clothes for cleaning-I use papertowels bounty. They are the best for cleaning the floors. I damp wipe daily. And make a mess when I cook.

I remember my mother used to use those white striped dish rags. I hated them-they always stank after a day. We used to put them through the dish washer with the dishes but still cant stand them. Sponges for wiping counters. we squeeze them dry and stand them up on its side. I don't like dishcloths as its not aggressive enough to get food off of pots.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I too use paper towels and recycle them, so I don't feel so bad in regards to environmental issues.

If I really need to scrub something, I'll use a sponge and either run it through the dishwasher on the sanitize setting or throw it away (depending on what I clean.)