disciplining a cat???

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well....Wow..I hope your kitty is doing better and so far it sounds like kitty is doing a lot better. Im happy for you.
I just want to add that like many ppl in the world I have to live check to check and cant always afford the "best" things for my babies sometimes I have to switch to cheap litter and cant always afford to buy them new things even if I want to. I dont criticize anyone for doing the best they can with what they have. As long as your furbaby is loved and happy then malarkey on anyone who says mean things to you. I have to ask ppl to help me pay for shots and neutering for my birthday cuz I cant afford it on my own Im a fulltime waitress who never knows what money Ill be making day to day and due to the rough economic times my hours have been cut back. So I cant afford to take my babies to the vet for every little thing and so far I havent heard anything in my area about dicounts for vet services! But IMO your doing the best you can with what you have and sometimes you cant ask for anymore!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there -
How is she??? Did you/your grandma take her to the vet? Is she doing well?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silly_ goose

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey there!! sorry i have been so crazy busy. when i took peaches to the vet they found white blood cells. the doc gave me an antibiotic to give her for 7 days, twice a day and a pain reliever that i give her once a day for 4 days. she will be just fine
ended up being $80 but i finally got paid so it wasnt a big deal! thank you all for your love and best wishes. i appreciate it greatly. im out of cat food, so im about to run to the store. thinking about getting the cat food that prevents UTIs.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the advice of my kitty's vet and the shelter I adopted her from, I have never given little Holland anything but Science Diet. It's on the expensive side, but it will likely prevent expensive vet bills in the future.

I'm glad Peaches is OK!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

On the advice of my kitty's vet and the shelter I adopted her from, I have never given little Holland anything but Science Diet. It's on the expensive side, but it will likely prevent expensive vet bills in the future.

I'm glad Peaches is OK!!
Unless there is an specific reason for SD, IMO it is just very expensive junk... SOme on the SD RX will work, but besides that...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silly_ goose

hey there!! sorry i have been so crazy busy. when i took peaches to the vet they found white blood cells. the doc gave me an antibiotic to give her for 7 days, twice a day and a pain reliever that i give her once a day for 4 days. she will be just fine
ended up being $80 but i finally got paid so it wasnt a big deal! thank you all for your love and best wishes. i appreciate it greatly. im out of cat food, so im about to run to the store. thinking about getting the cat food that prevents UTIs.
Hi

Oh, thank goodness you did take her to the vet - it turns out that she did indeed have an infection, huh? Now with the antibiotics and pain killers she should really get all better... Your case was a great example of a cat peeing outside of the box having UTI - I hope lots of people get to read this thread; very informative!
Good job, and don't disappear - we are a great community here, and wouldlove to have you around!!

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to say I have been reading this thread but not posting because I didn't really feel qualified to give you any answers (I've never had a cat with a UTI personally). I am super glad to see that this story has a happy ending, and thank you so much for doing the best you can for your cats.
This has been a wonderful read.

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silly_ goose

Glad to hear that your kitty's fine now.
Besides food, you can consider some treats with cranberry extracts.