Dinner guests

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My parents are coming for dinner tonight to help me hang some pictures and to meet their newest "grandcat," Claire. It's funny how excited they were when I invited them, probably because it's usually us kids that show up at their house for dinner. They were even more excited that I offered to cook, rather than us ordering pizza or something. We're having swiss chicken casserole (a yummy crockpot recipe), stuffing, mixed veggies, tossed salad, rolls and apple crisp for dessert. Anybody else want to come?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I wouldn't mind the Crockpot recipe either - that sounds yummy!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its so windy I could just stand outside and the wind will blow me to Cinci!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Its so windy I could just stand outside and the wind will blow me to Cinci!!
Same here!! 40 + mph gusts here! I would be there for dinner in no time!

Here...let me stand outside quick and I'll be here soon!!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On my way to pick up that recipe

I hope you guys have a nice time tonight, and I bet they are just going to love Claire

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here it is!

CROCKPOT SWISS CHICKEN CASSEROLE

6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
2 cups stuffing mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

Lightly grease crock pot or spray with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in pot. Top with cheese. Combine soup and milk, stirring well. Spoon over cheese; sprinkle with stuffing mix. Drizzle melted butter over stuffing mix. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 6 hours. Serves 6.

boys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

My parents are coming for dinner tonight to help me hang some pictures and to meet their newest "grandcat," Claire. It's funny how excited they were when I invited them, probably because it's usually us kids that show up at their house for dinner. They were even more excited that I offered to cook, rather than us ordering pizza or something. We're having swiss chicken casserole (a yummy crockpot recipe), stuffing, mixed veggies, tossed salad, rolls and apple crisp for dessert. Anybody else want to come?
im booking a flight now,but sorry might be held up
sounds lovely

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Here it is!

CROCKPOT SWISS CHICKEN CASSEROLE

6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
2 cups stuffing mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

Lightly grease crock pot or spray with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in pot. Top with cheese. Combine soup and milk, stirring well. Spoon over cheese; sprinkle with stuffing mix. Drizzle melted butter over stuffing mix. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 6 hours. Serves 6.
YAY! Thanks, you just helped me get supper done for tomorrow night already, thanks for the receipe!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im going to try that when i get a crock pot

i have a question, is a crock pot some ceramic thing cooking at the stove?? or is it something else already with a high low tuner?

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you making the apple crisp? My husband LOVES apple crisp and I never make it. If you are, post the recipe! That sounds like fun having them over- I always get nervous when hosting people- don't know why!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is dinner ready? I'm starving!
That just sounds so great, I'm about to make a trip your house, haha!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

im going to try that when i get a crock pot

i have a question, is a crock pot some ceramic thing cooking at the stove?? or is it something else already with a high low tuner?
A crock pot is something that goes on the counter, you plug it into the wall. It looks like a regular pot but it has legs and a dial. I think the most common brand is a Rival. It slow cooks stuff like soup, stew and stuff like that. I don't own one personally, but I had some pulled pork once some one made and it was awesome- and I don't eat pork!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zak&rocky

A crock pot is something that goes on the counter, you plug it into the wall. It looks like a regular pot but it has legs and a dial. I think the most common brand is a Rival. It slow cooks stuff like soup, stew and stuff like that. I don't own one personally, but I had some pulled pork once some one made and it was awesome- and I don't eat pork!
Anything made in a crock pot is amazing, I love mine, I use it for everything!!
Thank goodness for whoever created them!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It usually has a metal outer portion with the on/off, low and high settings and a ceramic pot that fits inside the metal outer shell. You put all your food in the ceramic pot, set it into the metal shell, turn it on and leave for work. When you get home that night - presto - dinner is ready and the house smells delicious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Are you making the apple crisp? My husband LOVES apple crisp and I never make it. If you are, post the recipe! That sounds like fun having them over- I always get nervous when hosting people- don't know why!
I would have if I'd had the time, but instead I used one of those Betty Crocker Easy Bake desserts. It WAS easy and turned out pretty good.
We had a fun evening and my folks were thrilled to meet Claire, although they had to reach in the closet to pet her!