Diluting Bone-In Grinds

curleyfro58

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I’m new to this space and joined hoping to learn how to dilute the ground meat w/bone. If I add 1 lb of boneless to 2 lbs bone-in will that dilute it enough or is it not that simple? Please help, please! I want only the best for my kitty and the thought of hurting him with his food is making me a little crazy. TY

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

curleyfro58

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m new to raw feeding and it’s what I have. I didn’t realize there were so many things to consider and in my excited state, purchased ground meats with bone & organ in it.

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, ok - it just sounds 'doggy' and I wonder if other cat people think it's a good idea (tho' I think I understand the reasons). I would be very careful though as even tiny bone slivers can really mess up anyone's insides. Don't know if the upsides are worth it, but again, maybe others will know more. Have you looked at the raw food forums here? Thing is (and I'll probably be banned from here now) I've always just used cans or 'trays' from the supermkt (50 yrs' worth) for lots of cats, and most lived happily to ripe old ages. It's one thing for cats to catch prey and eat it, another for us to try and replicate that from our viewpoint.

Last edited:

curleyfro58

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, thank you, this calculator told me exactly how much boneless to add to the meat I have.

curleyfro58

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, ok - it just sounds 'doggy' and I wonder if other cat people think it's a good idea (tho' I think I understand the reasons). I would be very careful though as even tiny bone slivers can really mess up anyone's insides. Don't know if the upsides are worth it, but again, maybe others will know more. Have you looked at the raw food forums here? Thing is (and I'll probably be banned from here now) I've always just used cans or 'trays' from the supermkt (50 yrs' worth) for lots of cats, and most lived happily to ripe old ages. It's one thing for cats to catch prey and eat it, another for us to try and replicate that from our viewpoint.
I’m sorry, cans or trays from the supermarket. Can you tell me what you mean, please?

lucyrima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry, just saw this reply now. I meant regular commercial cat food like Friskies or Fancy Feast, usually in small cans and/or 2-3" trays where you peel the top to open them, like e.g. you would for Cesar dogfood.