Digital Cameras: What do you have?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Bumping this up to see what everyone else has.... I know some people have gotten new cams recently

Right now, I am looking closely at the Canon PowerShot SX10 IS which would basically be the upgrade (several times) to what I have now: Canon PS S3 IS.

I am curious for those who have the SX10 IS, how well does the face detection work? I don't have that feature on mine, and it sounds like a great feature to have, if it works well.
LMAO I haven't figured out all the features. I see in the display a box that marks the face but not sure how it's affecting the picture. I am loving the moving making option as you have noticed.

Umm soft skin is making the baby's skin look pink but in other options it's either red or washed out from the flash. I tried shooting flowers but having issues with purples and pinks like I did with my old one. I use the AV setting the most. I need a day to sit down and test it out. First I need a babysitter.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Is your camera for professional use or hobby? Hobby

2. What types of photographs do you take? (home use, landscapes, macros, etc.) Everything

3. What make/model of camera do you have? Olympus FE-110

4. How much did it cost? about $150 two years ago

5. Any negatives about your camera? It lacks anti-tremor

6. Would you recommend your camera? Sure, if you want a good, easy to use, inexpensive camera with some nice features

7. Please list any additional details you find relevant to someone who may be looking at buying the same camera. (not meaning the technical aspects as I can easily find those out...just any other comments) It's pretty idiot proof!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Is your camera for professional use or hobby? Hobby

2. What types of photographs do you take? (home use, landscapes, macros, etc.) Cats and cat shows

3. What make/model of camera do you have? Pentax Optio M40

4. How much did it cost? about $200 2 years ago

5. Any negatives about your camera? the shutter speed is very slow

6. Would you recommend your camera? Probably not for the price

I really want a high quality camera. This is my partners one and I always seem to lose the really good shots.

Here are a few shots that are quite clear: