Digestive Enzymes

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are not replacing the pancreas digestive enzymes. By that I mean the cat is not metabolizing the enzymes, absorbing them, accumulating them to later re-use.
When you use enzymes on food, the enzymes work directly on the food. It won't matter that the animal is an obligate carnivore.
I am all for an species appropriate diet. All my animals are fed raw, and I feed no vegetables. But on this case, when the enzymes are working directly on the food.... It doesn't really matter.
I am on my phone now... But when I was researching what to use I came across why plants enzymes worked better. I will look for those papers later on and post it here.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plant enzymes work in a broader range pH. Animal enzymes activate in a much narrower range and must survive stronger acids before they hit the part of the digestive tract where the correct pH exists for them. Therefore, most of the time it is better to use plant enzymes. Animal enzymes have their place when treating pancreatic disorders.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plant enzymes work in a broader range pH. Animal enzymes activate in a much narrower range and must survive stronger acids before they hit the part of the digestive tract where the correct pH exists for them. Therefore, most of the time it is better to use plant enzymes. Animal enzymes have their place when treating pancreatic disorders.
Well, there you have it - Thanks Raintyger :wavey:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise