Digestion Time

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
How long does it take for cats stomachs to empty out when fed a wet food diet? Harvey vomits after every meal but only if he's allowed to eat quickly and run like a maniac afterwards. I find myself having to lock him up after every meal because he won't sit still.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my cats meals in 2 halves because he wolfs it down so quick he makes himself throw up. I give 5 to 10 minutes between the halves. And make sure the food isnt dead cold like after coming out of the fridge.
If its chunky raw and he has to really chew it up and he cant wolf it down I give that in one go. And he goes zoomies after his meal too and used to throw up but I think splitting his meal up he doesn't get sick even after running around like crazy.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Harvey vomits after every meal but only if he's allowed to eat quickly
Eating quickly takes in lots of air and that makes the cat vomit besides other things that makes a cat vomit is hairball. Encourage your cat to eat slower or give him smaller portion and wait a few seconds in between before filling up another small portion.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue, nor could I find an answer that made sense. HOWEVER...there are all sorts of "puzzle" feeders available, for both wet and dry foods. They are designed to slow a cat's eating down. That might take care of the issue for you.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise